Custom Fit Centre Wiltshire

monkey99x

Visit site
Hi!

Looking to get people's opinions/advice on where to go for a custom fit. I'm finally teetering on the cusp of reaching my goal of hitting a 10 handicap and the last club in the back that I want checking/upgrading is the driver.
I moved to the Chippenham area of Wiltshire last year and haven't had chance to really look into where's best. Struggling a little with old Google search throwing not much up.
I've had a really good custom fit session with Precision Golf last year for irons and would be tempted to go back to them, but it's a good 1hr40+ journey from where I now live.
I know of Tony Valentine's golf centre in Corsham, but not tried their custom fit. Plus, they advertise 30min sessions and I personally think I'd like a bit more time to try a variety of equipment and take a look at the numbers etc. Precision Golf gave me 1hr15 and never made me feel rushed and talked me through everything. They also didn't pressure me into a sale and in fact simply checked and altered my current TM R9 irons as nothing improved on them.

Looking for anybody's advice or experiences on fitting sessions.
As mentioned, looking for somewhere that offers a good array of manufacturers/shafts, good customer service, and generally in the Wilts or South West region.

Thanks in advance for any replies! Much appreciated!

Adam

monkey99x

Visit site
My current driver was fitted with golf principles. I've been fairly happy with it, but I did feel fairly rushed. Personally, I'd keep going down the M3 to precision golf. Just felt the experience as a whole was better.

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
Crossfield's mate Dan Hendrickson is in Torquay, so miles from Wiltshire!!

Ian Risdale at my club, Wrag Barn would be worth considering. Has won national fitting awards recently and we have an indoor and outdoor fitting room with Trackman. I have used him for irons and driver. Doesn't stock every make, but does Ping, Callaway, Titleist and PXG. Just outside Swindon in Highworth. Will usually deduct the fitting costs if an order is placed.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Try Windmill Golf, just off jct 18 of M4. They have various companies doing fittings. They are really helpful up there.

I also live in Chippenham so message if you fancy a game