Do driver fittings work?

Brechin balata

Medal Winner
Visit site
Same as the one that allowed you to return (playing 3rd) to the Tee or drop within 2 club lengths (or back as far as you like in line with the pin). Playing 5th of course.
This is more for a rules discussion. I will say again oob means oob and not in play. In bounds means in bounds and you can play it.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
This is more for a rules discussion. I will say again oob means oob and not in play. In bounds means in bounds and you can play it.
See post 115! Btw, I didn't bother, in that post, to state the other option - of returning to, and dropping, where the Drive finished (and was declared unplayable), still playing 5th.

phillarrow

Visit site
Absolutely ;):D had mine 5 years ago and still going strong (y)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That's a really good video, thanks for sharing it. Good to hear that it worked for you, especially as it sounds like you were looking for a similar solution to mine. ?

phillarrow

Visit site
I kno

I agree back in the day as you say old school the swing was the most important part of your golf game. Today its how much your clubs cost of of your were fitted for them. After all your fitting how’s the handicaps

Do you still play with a balata ball? Or wooden woods? Or simple bladed irons and putter?

If those things were still for sale as new clubs, would you buy them in favour of modern clubs that have been developed with technology?

Is the answer is no, then you're accepting that modern technology can help your game. Why choose to stop at some arbitrary point in the 90s? Why not get fitted if the technology is available?

Brechin balata

Medal Winner
Visit site
I’ve actually just seen a footjoy advert saying they give you better grip, balance and torque. Should I wait till I get these before going for my driver fitting. Im currently using an older pair form 5 years ago that I wasn’t fitted for.

Brechin balata

Medal Winner
Visit site
Do you still play with a balata ball? Or wooden woods? Or simple bladed irons and putter?

If those things were still for sale as new clubs, would you buy them in favour of modern clubs that have been developed with technology?

Is the answer is no, then you're accepting that modern technology can help your game. Why choose to stop at some arbitrary point in the 90s? Why not get fitted if the technology is available?
No I’ve upgraded since then it’s just a user name