Do driver fittings work?

phillarrow

Visit site
Where scores are made is from 120 and in. Have you had a fitting with the clubs you would use for this kind of distance?

Yes. Fitted for wedges when I bought my last set of irons seven years ago and will do so again when I change my irons next year. Fitted for a putter this week and moved from a face balanced to a toe hang. Not played with it yet so can't say if it's "worked" but I was holing more putts in practice yesterday than I normally do.

Brechin balata

Medal Winner
Visit site
And there's a separate thread by the OP about that!
Apologies for upsetting the apple
Yes. Fitted for wedges when I bought my last set of irons seven years ago and will do so again when I change my irons next year. Fitted for a putter this week and moved from a face balanced to a toe hang. Not played with it yet so can't say if it's "worked" but I was holing more putts in practice yesterday than I normally do.
sound like you putter fitting has works well and let’s hope the winter greens don’t affect the results. Also your irons good like tp you and your quest for the perfect clubs

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Calm your jets all I’m sayin is people look too much In to fitting. Yes get the shaft stiff, regular or senior. But for me it’s how a club looks and if your are confident with it at address then go with that one.
Where scores are made is from 120 and in. Have you had a fitting with the clubs you would use for this kind of distance?
Your views are so old school it's almost comical. :D

Brechin balata

Medal Winner
Visit site
So would you consider that ball, should you find it, was likely going to be in-play?
If it’s out of bounds then I need to go back to the the tee and be 3 off it. Ifs knee high rough but in bounds then I could play it unless I declare it unplayable and take a drop . Now here is the kicker if I take 2 drops a club length and it’s still unplayable I need to back to the tee and hit 5.

D

Deleted member 1147

So funny - and predictable! - how this thread has gone! ?

I was asking about if it could help increase my carry distance because at the moment my carry is very low compared with my total.
For some people, it appears that unless a driver fitting makes it impossible to hit anything other than straight AND results in several shots knocked off the handicap, then they're just snake oil masked in smoke and mirrors. ?

Why on earth did it end up as a conversation about such extremes?
There are a lot of knobs on the forum.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
If it’s out of bounds then I need to go back to the the tee and be 3 off it. Ifs knee high rough but in bounds then I could play it unless I declare it unplayable and take a drop . Now here is the kicker if I take 2 drops a club length and it’s still unplayable I need to back to the tee and hit 5.
Utter twaddle!

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
So I’m play to be means

In play means playable out of bounds doesn’t ??
That's not my interpretation of what the OP meant! FWIW, my interpretation of his 'in play' meant 'not in trouble' as opposed to the RofGolf definition. So fairway or rough that doesn't force a recovery shot.

Last edited: