Cost of Annual Membership at your Club

How much is Annual Membership at your club?

• Total voters

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
My current place was £727 for five day last year. No news so far on renewal cost. My last place are offering new members at £885 for 15 months (Jan to end next march). With three reciprocal courses. Hmmmmmm me thinks I'm off.

D

Deleted member 17920

After discussions on another thread about how expensive golf was, I was interested to know how much annual membership was (ignoring Joining Fees)

My County, Lincolnshire, seems pretty cheap when I've seen fees elsewhere in the UK. Most of the top end courses, in the North at least, would be anything from £800 to just creeping over £1,000 I think. All except Woodhall Spa, 36 holes and home to England Golf, which is just over £1,600 I believe.

For clarity. I am talking full adult membership, for simplicity. If the club runs a scheme, like a green fee membership (Annual fee, plus green fees every round), estimate what you think you pay, or at least a "average" member would pay. And, you can put the price for the upcoming year, if you know the price is about to rise.
Woodhall Spa is £1600 this year and its the most expensive in Lincolnshire for sure, it used to be Forest Pines but we have become more expensive with all the work that has gone on at the club.

Whats your place costing you for this year?

azazel

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Machrihanish was just under £430 for full membership in 2022, including £30 bar levy, £30 for a locker and £17.50 in levies. I think it's going up this year but can't remember how much - will still be under £500 tho.

D-S

Visit site
Woodhall Spa is £1600 this year and its the most expensive in Lincolnshire for sure, it used to be Forest Pines but we have become more expensive with all the work that has gone on at the club.

Look on the bright side, you're probably going to get a 7 million pound clubhouse upgrade funded entirely by us England Golf members!

Swango1980

Visit site
Apart from Woodhall spa, are there any top end courses in Lincolnshire?
I guess it depends on personal taste. Forest Pines and Kenwick Park are decent courses, although personally not completely to my taste (might be nice for low handicapping, big hitting players, which is why some minor pro Tour events have been played at Pines, but for an average club golfer, maybe a bit "driver out for any hole that isn't a par 3"?)

Personally, I really like Market Rasen, Waltham Windmill and Grimsby golf courses. Seacroft seems to be a very well rated links course, and enjoyed playing their 2 or 3 times. A course I've really enjoyed, but didn't expect it, was Normanby Hall. I think Holme Hall, Ashby Decoy and Elsham are all fairly decent, but not played there in years.

D

Deleted member 17920

Look on the bright side, you're probably going to get a 7 million pound clubhouse upgrade funded entirely by us England Golf members!
You know that for a fact do you that its funded entirely by EG members? It isn't I can assure you.

Kennysarmy

Visit site
Renewal for last year 1st April 2022 was:

Subs 1,085.00
Clubhouse Bar Sub 25.00
Gents Golf Levy 23.80
Holdall Locker 26.00
Insurance 2.50

I'm expecting at least a £75 increase on the subs, equating to 7% rise.

Swango1980

Visit site

Membership renewals are due soon, although not seen them published yet. 2022 rates were £845, they also introduced a joining fee of £300 mid 2021, just before I joined :(

Always liked Woodhall Spa, used to play there annually when the LUGC dinner took place. Early morning round at the Hotchkin, lovely fresh chicken sandwich afterwards, and then an afternoon round on the Bracken, usually getting pitch black by the last few holes. I've always enjoyed the Bracken more, as it seems to have a bit more character between the holes. Interesting greens, and maybe holes feel like they give more variation. Like one very short par 4, where you have to hit over one water filled ditch, but lay up before another one. A player of my level is thinking "please don't duff it into the first penalty area, but don't cream it into the second". Then, if I get through that hurdle, I'm thinking for my second shot "please don't fat it into the penalty area, and please don't blade it miles over the back"

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I’m just in the process of relocating from Leighton Buzzard to Fife. Most of the new clubs around me are half the price of LBGC. Still in the process of deciding where to join, but most options fall in the £500 - £750 or even less.... Happy days.

Albo

Visit site
I’m just in the process of relocating from Leighton Buzzard to Fife. Most of the new clubs around me are half the price of LBGC. Still in the process of deciding where to join, but most options fall in the £500 - £750 or even less.... Happy days.
Which options are you looking at?

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site

Or grab yourself a real bargain, unlimited green fees at 7 fife golf courses for a year... £350 !
https://fifegolftrust.co.uk/season-tickets/

Golfnut1957

Visit site
I guess it depends on personal taste. Forest Pines and Kenwick Park are decent courses, although personally not completely to my taste (might be nice for low handicapping, big hitting players, which is why some minor pro Tour events have been played at Pines, but for an average club golfer, maybe a bit "driver out for any hole that isn't a par 3"?)

Personally, I really like Market Rasen, Waltham Windmill and Grimsby golf courses. Seacroft seems to be a very well rated links course, and enjoyed playing their 2 or 3 times. A course I've really enjoyed, but didn't expect it, was Normanby Hall. I think Holme Hall, Ashby Decoy and Elsham are all fairly decent, but not played there in years.
We have been down to Lincoln a couple of times on trips. Kenwick seemed too Country House-ish, and we absolutely hated Forest Pines. Seacroft was very good and one you missed out which we enjoyed was Lincoln GC.

My favourite without a doubt was Market Rasen. I wasn't expecting much, but I absolutely loved it. As I answered in the "What makes a good/bad course" thread, I can't put my finger on it, but it seemed so natural, and I didn't even play well.

Swango1980

Visit site
We have been down to Lincoln a couple of times on trips. Kenwick seemed too Country House-ish, and we absolutely hated Forest Pines. Seacroft was very good and one you missed out which we enjoyed was Lincoln GC.

My favourite without a doubt was Market Rasen. I wasn't expecting much, but I absolutely loved it. As I answered in the "What makes a good/bad course" thread, I can't put my finger on it, but it seemed so natural, and I didn't even play well.
Glad you liked it, it was the one I joined :) . It does get muddy in winter due to the land it is on, but generally always open and so you get to play golf all year round. I just take winter for what it is. In terms of the layout, I think it is that every hole offers a different challenge. One or 2 longer par 4's (especially the 1st), but generally the holes aren't long, and you can plot your way around the course. Nice challenge for low handicap big hitters, but not silly long to make it a slog for short / average hitters.

Yes, I though about Lincoln after I posted my last e-mail. It is probably one of the most expensive to join in the county, excluding Woodhall. I think Gainsborough is also decent, with 2 very different courses and home to PING.

Barking_Mad

Visit site
After discussions on another thread about how expensive golf was, I was interested to know how much annual membership was (ignoring Joining Fees)

My County, Lincolnshire, seems pretty cheap when I've seen fees elsewhere in the UK. Most of the top end courses, in the North at least, would be anything from £800 to just creeping over £1,000 I think. All except Woodhall Spa, 36 holes and home to England Golf, which is just over £1,600 I believe.

For clarity. I am talking full adult membership, for simplicity. If the club runs a scheme, like a green fee membership (Annual fee, plus green fees every round), estimate what you think you pay, or at least a "average" member would pay. And, you can put the price for the upcoming year, if you know the price is about to rise.

£1600 for Woodhall Spa is an absolute bargain. If I lived near there I'd be on it like a bonnet. ?

Barking_Mad

Visit site
Mine's £1100. I expect an increase this year but we've also got a brand new practice area for approach shots and chipping, plus a driving range opening when weather allows so unless they go crazy with the increase I'll be paying up.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Which options are you looking at?

All options at the moment, there's a plethora of courses to choose from :). Have been chatting with GreifinFife via PM, and have some info to consider. Leven is closest to me, and may be the easiest option to begin with, but I want to look at others too. Lundin, Crail, Ladybank are all potential. Did consider Elie too, but they were adamant on the phone that despite moving into the area and not knowing anyone, they would only consider an application proposed by a current member......

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
We were £1850 this time last year, not sure what renewal will be but shouldn't more than another 200.......
We're still paying the joining fee that isn't....an extra 200 quid for the first 5 years after which the cost drops by 200...
This will be our 4th year so 1 more to go until we're not referred to as "New" members..
Its the best course in the immediate area and is virtually always open so, as long as you play regularly, it's reasonable value for money.
Other courses are in the 1000-1200 region but, with the exception of one, are down in the Vale and therefore on clay.
With the amount I play it's very good VFM......each round is going to work out at less than 10 quid..

evemccc

Visit site
All options at the moment, there's a plethora of courses to choose from :). Have been chatting with GreifinFife via PM, and have some info to consider. Leven is closest to me, and may be the easiest option to begin with, but I want to look at others too. Lundin, Crail, Ladybank are all potential. Did consider Elie too, but they were adamant on the phone that despite moving into the area and not knowing anyone, they would only consider an application proposed by a current member......

That’s some difference in lifestyle - LB to Fife!!
Not only some great links courses to choose from but a plethora of opens up the Fife coast and into Angus — as well as temptations to splurge on treat courses galore