Cost of Annual Membership at your Club

How much is Annual Membership at your club?

• Total voters

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Filton has certainly had its ups and downs over the past years. Currently they are doing a big landfill project so they will have money to spend soon, which will be much needed for the club.

Interesting on your memory of costs nearly 40 years ago. They have therefore just about trebled in this period (£1150 now) - I wonder what green fees at top courses were 39 years ago - I know I could play TOC for £36 in the late 90s - the New and Jubilee were £20 - so about an 8 fold increase in 25 years. I remember Ferndown being £40 in the mid 2000s to £160 now so that is a four fold increase in under 20 years, Porthcawl was a bit cheaper now £170.
It’s an aside to the topic…but since you mention it, I read on their website yesterday that they are building a par 3 course…but couldn’t work out where they would do that unless they somehow built up the hill of the old practice field or combined it with the old 18th. I was a member when the new holes by the BAE Systems site were built and the lakes on 3rd and 9th/10th were dug. That was quite some disruption, as were the locals swimming and in their inflatables on the big lake.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
When I joined Filton many moons ago (1984) I think my entry fee was £1 (for a share…that I still hold) and ~£365 a year (I recall it being about £1/day).

Course has developed and matured a lot since back then. Was a great members club and a decent enough track even though many of other clubs in the city rather looked down their noses at it. And though I left in 1996 due to a work move, I still hold the club in great affection and have lovely memories of my time there.

Money and status do not necessarily make, and are not necessary for, a great club.
We used to play our RAF inter station matches at Filton, loved the course and very friendly club.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
We used to play our RAF inter station matches at Filton, loved the course and very friendly club.
The club has (or at least had) a very close relationship with the Bristol Aerospace Golf Society (BAe and RR) and the society was given a pretty ‘unique’ level of access to the club and course for society matches and the societies competitions. In fact as I was also a member of BAGS I’m sure i played in matches against RAF teams, and at the same time my place of work was the old Officers Mess of WW2 501 Squadron

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I pay £95 a month … unlimited golf and the use of the gym, swimming pool and showers. Good value in my opinion, even if the course is closed for several days during each winter. Good bar and restaurant too.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The club has (or at least had) a very close relationship with the Bristol Aerospace Golf Society (BAe and RR) and the society was given a pretty ‘unique’ level of access to the club and course for society matches and the societies competitions. In fact as I was also a member of BAGS I’m sure i played in matches against RAF teams, and at the same time my place of work was the old Officers Mess of WW2 501 Squadron
I played a match against BAGS for Abbey Wood but not until about 2017 so probably after your time

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Westerham Golf Club, Surrey, but right on the Kent border. Membership was approximately £1850, but you get 10% discount for ten years plus of membership, which I qualify for.
I believe we have a waitlist and a joining fee of £1000 at present.
We have a good practice area, driving range and par 3 course.
That also gets you on Surrey National, Woldingham and Godstone (nice 9 hole course) for free all year, plus two member's guest rate rounds at The Addington.
15% discount on food and beverages, plus the people shop, with the levy card.

Teebs

Visit site
Malton & Norton, North Yorkshire - £945 - no joining fee.

Clubs around the York area range from around £800 to £1,200. No shortage of clubs to be fair within a 15 mile radius.
Fulford will be the most expensive