Cost of Annual Membership at your Club

How much is Annual Membership at your club?

• Total voters

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Golf in the Highlands is fairly cheap compared to the rest of the UK, I'd say average membership would be between £500 and £600. Green fees no longer refect that though. Alas my members ship has more than doubled innthe last 13 years since I first joined. But I play a lot so per round doesn't work as much.

Reactions: DCB

D-S

Visit site
In the Bristol area there is a relatively narrow band in cost across golf clubs. The most expensive for full adult membership is just over £1400 and the cheapest is just over £1000 despite a wide range in quality and facilities across the spectrum of courses.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
In the Bristol area there is a relatively narrow band in cost across golf clubs. The most expensive for full adult membership is just over £1400 and the cheapest is just over £1000 despite a wide range in quality and facilities across the spectrum of courses.
You are forgetting the joining fees for some of the pricier clubs - Kendleshire is £1300 but has £400 joining fee and Players is £1485, website doesn't give the joining fee amount, just it is payable over 2 years (so will be quite a bit!)

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just over £2k for full 7day membership - which includes all the compulsory extras - EG fees, county fees etc. (I pay slightly more as I have a locker and a trolley store which are voluntary extras). It's pretty much the given rate for South London.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
When I joined Filton many moons ago (1984) I think my entry fee was £1 (for a share…that I still hold) and ~£365 a year (I recall it being about £1/day).

Course has developed and matured a lot since back then. Was a great members club and a decent enough track even though many of other clubs in the city rather looked down their noses at it. And though I left in 1996 due to a work move, I still hold the club in great affection and have lovely memories of my time there.

Money and status do not necessarily make, and are not necessary for, a great club.

Last edited:

D-S

Visit site
You are forgetting the joining fees for some of the pricier clubs - Kendleshire is £1300 but has £400 joining fee and Players is £1485, website doesn't give the joining fee amount, just it is payable over 2 years (so will be quite a bit!)
I was just responding to the question cost of annual membership, some clubs have closed their waiting lists so perhaps that should be factored in too..

D-S

Visit site
When I joined Filton many moons ago (1984) I think my entry fee was £1 (for a share…that I still hold) and ~£365 a year (I recall it being about £1/day).

Course has developed and matured a lot since back then. Was a great members club and a decent enough track even though many of other clubs in the city rather looked down their noses at it. And though I left in 1996 due to a work move, I still hold the club in great affection and have lovely memories of my time there.

Money and status do not necessarily make, and are not necessary for, a great club.
Filton has certainly had its ups and downs over the past years. Currently they are doing a big landfill project so they will have money to spend soon, which will be much needed for the club.

Interesting on your memory of costs nearly 40 years ago. They have therefore just about trebled in this period (£1150 now) - I wonder what green fees at top courses were 39 years ago - I know I could play TOC for £36 in the late 90s - the New and Jubilee were £20 - so about an 8 fold increase in 25 years. I remember Ferndown being £40 in the mid 2000s to £160 now so that is a four fold increase in under 20 years, Porthcawl was a bit cheaper now £170.

Last edited:

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yeovil North Dorset serving South Somerset

Subscription Type Annual CostAvailability (probably plus 10% come 1st April)

18 hole and 9 hole membership

7 Day Full Member £950 Waiting List
5/7 Day Member*£910 Available
5 Day Member £875 Available
Intermediate 18 £225 Waiting List
Intermediate 19-20 £385 Waiting List
Intermediate 21-22 £585 Waiting List
Intermediate 23-24 £800 Waiting List
Student Member**£295 Waiting
Junior Member (Over 12 But Under 18 On 01/01/20) £150
Cadet Member (Under 12 On 01/01/20 - No Minimum Age) £75

9 hole membership
£570

We are competitively priced against other courses in the area taking in to account the course and facilities

babylonsinger

Visit site
Between £500 and £550 for a full adult at the three clubs within 15 minutes of me (I'm not a member anywhere currently) - they are all 18 hole courses. Discounted first year membership at at least two of those three (one being £7 a week the other closer to £400). Barely any practicing facilities at them though. Given how poor the area is the cost of golf compared to most in this thread reflects that - South Wales valleys

sunshine

Visit site
My County, Lincolnshire, seems pretty cheap when I've seen fees elsewhere in the UK. Most of the top end courses, in the North at least, would be anything from £800 to just creeping over £1,000 I think. All except Woodhall Spa, 36 holes and home to England Golf, which is just over £1,600 I believe.

Apart from Woodhall spa, are there any top end courses in Lincolnshire?

JayB

Visit site

Joining fee is £400 for The Players