Cooden Open Week...6th-10th July 2015

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Cooden GC are holding their Open week from Monday 6th to Friday 10th July next year.
There will be different competitions held each day, including TexasScramble, Team and Individual Stablefords as well as mixed format competitions.
The exact days for each competition have not been finalised yet, but my intention is to take the whole week off work (holiday already booked!) and play in most, if not all of them.
Just wondered if anybody would like to come down to play in any of the competitons with me. I don't know how much the entry fees will be, but it would certainly be cheaper than paying a full green fee!
Obviously you would need to be a member of a recognised club and hold an official handicap.
As soon as the full itinerary is published I will let you know so that you can decide which comp you would like to play in.
Richart partnered me in the betterball stableford the year before last (did we mention we won it???!!!) so obviously he has first dibs at that one for the chance to "defend" our title, but as I say, there are plenty of other competitons available.
Anyone interested????
Rob

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
The dates work perfectly for me too Rich.
I am away in France the week before on a fishing holiday with Liddy so got a really good two weeks lined up.
Back from France on the Saturday, a day on Sunday to get over that and then a full weeks golfing.
Cushty.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
It's a fair time away yet but I'd love to play in something if I can when it gets nearer the time

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I understand that next years competitions will "mirror" those held this year, so on the Monday it is likely to be a "Medley" competition. Teams of four playing Stableford, where the best two scores count on holes 1-6, 3 best scores on holes 7-12 and all four scores count on the closing 6 holes. Should be a bit of fun.
The Texas scramble is likely to be held on the Friday with the 4BB competition held on the Wednesday.
I can't remember what the other two formats will be.

So interested so far we have

CHRISD
RICHART
PAPERBOY

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Count me in please Rob, will decide on days nearer the time if that's ok.

Also my Brother Roy (Evahakool) would definitely be interested but depending on how long he is down for - will keep you posted on that.

:fore: :thup::thup: