Playing TOC St Andrews

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
How does this work?

I’m sure a cpl may be interested
Check out the No Laying Up Tourist Sauce video on YouTube when they visit TOC - they go for the early start approach and I think 4 of them get on. It’s a really good explanation of that and the course as a whole - even if you’re not keen on the characters.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I can’t help feeling if I played toc I would come off disappointed the reason being if I’m paying to play a top course first and foremost for me is the Quality of the course, think it’s safe to say the course itself is not the best in the UK.

Having played at Gleneagles which was spectacular and a glorious place to play golf I loved it there, I just don’t think I would come off the toc with the same feeling, I also have played at Royal Dornoch the history and some of the greats of the game that played there and Gleneagles was not a priority for me.

But that’s just me I get why so many want to play toc

Bamberdele2.0

Visit site
Check out the No Laying Up Tourist Sauce video on YouTube when they visit TOC - they go for the early start approach and I think 4 of them get on. It’s a really good explanation of that and the course as a whole - even if you’re not keen on the characters.

just finished this. Crazy to see people wake up that early and queue.

I’d be that Chinese tourist at the end in the orange jacket. Howling when he asked for the man’s golf club 🤣

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
After 8 pages I finally think I get it..

The best way I can describe this sudden realisation is i’ve always been a fan of music / sports events / entertainment and one venue I always wanted to tick off the list was the iconic Royal Albert hall.

The handbrake surprised me for my birthday and purchased 2 x tickets for a David Rodigan concert.

Just standing outside the venue waiting to go in was an experience in itself and once in I was in awe of how much history this place had. It reminded me of some sort of colosseum where the greatest gladiators on earth came to entertain. Hard to describe but people get my drift.

Now I can only assume this is how the majority of people feel when they think of TOC and can understand when people get aggrieved when others don’t conform.

The home of golf - the sport we all love to play. I get it, finally

👍

Spot on and I agree, the Royal Albert Hall is a very special venue. Been once and loved it.

D

Deleted member 35504

Ah, the how do you know if someone has played the old course, because they will bring it up at every excuse during any golf conversation. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
A bit like vegans, coeliacs and "theys". 😅

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
After 8 pages I finally think I get it..

The best way I can describe this sudden realisation is i’ve always been a fan of music / sports events / entertainment and one venue I always wanted to tick off the list was the iconic Royal Albert hall.

The handbrake surprised me for my birthday and purchased 2 x tickets for a David Rodigan concert.

Just standing outside the venue waiting to go in was an experience in itself and once in I was in awe of how much history this place had. It reminded me of some sort of colosseum where the greatest gladiators on earth came to entertain. Hard to describe but people get my drift.

Now I can only assume this is how the majority of people feel when they think of TOC and can understand when people get aggrieved when others don’t conform.

The home of golf - the sport we all love to play. I get it, finally

👍
Pity that you did not get that TOC is not the home of golf..
In the mid 1900's it was just a pretty ordinary, old, poorly maintained municipal course.