Crazy green fees?

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Played Hollins Hall last week for £15. Looking tomorrow and it's £35. Another local course The Manor near Bradford is £37-£60!! It's never a plus £25 course!! Some ridiculous prices now the sun's come out.

Are golf clubs going to out price themselves?
You’d have to pay me £37 to play there. There are a lot of much nicer courses in that part of the world.

The Fader

Visit site
Did you like the new clubhouse at Alnwick? Lovely out on the decking area.
Yes, very attractive. Nicely done. I'm guessing the old clubhouse was sited where the luxury homes are being built?

Selling that land has probably secured the club's future for years to come.

The course must have been re-routed as well. My GPS was all over the place.

Just need to get the greens up to scratch!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yes, very attractive. Nicely done. I'm guessing the old clubhouse was sited where the luxury homes are being built?

Selling that land has probably secured the club's future for years to come.

The course must have been re-routed as well. My GPS was all over the place.

Just need to get the greens up to scratch!
I can't remember what the order used to be other than the old 1st is the tee shot down the steep slope. The second is the par 3 up a level. The old clubhouse and a bit of the old 18th was sold for housing. It was basically a big portakabin so not a hard decision. Way better location now also.

Shame about the greens but bear in mind we are about a month behind where we should be up here at the moment. You wouldn't call them brilliant ever but they are usually decent.

The Lion

Visit site
Fulford in York is advertised on GolfNow for £125.

It's decent but i'm not sure it's even worth half that fee...
They really need to bring back the twilight rate, but could easily be £80 plus now, based on multiples pre-2020.

Teebs

Visit site
They really need to bring back the twilight rate, but could easily be £80 plus now, based on multiples pre-2020.
No Twilight rate advertised. It's a bugger to get on for most of the Members given you can't really start on the 10th. One of the reasons I didn't contemplate joining..

The Lion

Visit site
No Twilight rate advertised. It's a bugger to get on for most of the Members given you can't really start on the 10th. One of the reasons I didn't contemplate joining..
You mean doing an easy twilight 9 holes isn't so simple, given the unusual layout?

Can always do 18 I guess.

The Fader

Visit site
Fulford in York is advertised on GolfNow for £125.

It's decent but i'm not sure it's even worth half that fee...
Fulford is always well kept and nicely presented but for me, is not a great golf course. Not even a stand out hole you think "I must play again"

Take away the B&H history and Bernhard's tree antics and it's just another £50-£70 standard flat parkland! Highest elevation is the bridge over the A64.

The Fader

Visit site
Continuing my Northumberland tour - today I played Newbiggin for the princely sum of £25.

Beautifully presented true links with lovely sea views, good greens, a few interesting quirks, riveted bunkers, abundant gorse - what wasn't to like?

If it was overlooked by a castle rather than a power station they could, no doubt, easily double their green fees!!

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Fulford is always well kept and nicely presented but for me, is not a great golf course. Not even a stand out hole you think "I must play again"

Take away the B&H history and Bernhard's tree antics and it's just another £50-£70 standard flat parkland! Highest elevation is the bridge over the A64.

Watched James Robinson play it the other day on YouTube
I thought exactly the same
Course had no stand out holes and didn't make me wanna rush out to play it
Very underwhelming

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Played Hollinwell today for free......yippee, first time here what a great golf course, put it on your bucket list.

Lovely course, and a proper test. Always enjoyed playing there, but never been lucky enough to play for nothing!

Pin-seeker

Visit site

I’ve played it a few times with a member so only payed £20.
I think it’s a nice course,but agree it’s more £70 than £125.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Yes I'd agree with that especially with Selby GC just £55 mid-week & easily challenging as a little know Gem in this part of the world as they Host EG's Senior Series & Captains Events in June..... still some spaces in the Seniors for £70 with food before & after with @lincolnquaker in charge whats not to like??

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
Yes I'd agree with that especially with Selby GC just £55 mid-week & easily challenging as a little know Gem in this part of the world as they Host EG's Senior Series & Captains Events in June..... still some spaces in the Seniors for £70 with food before & after with @lincolnquaker in charge whats not to like??
The lincolnquaker bit 🤣🤣