Which Course to Play at St Andrews (not Old Course)

• Thread starter Deleted member 29109
  • Start date

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
The Castle is my favourite track at St Andrews. If you check their website, they usually have an opening offer towards the end of March, played it this year for £80 with a £25 meal in the clubhouse included. Can't remember playing off mats, but that doesn't bother me either way.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thread resurrected with a query to those who may know ...

It seems that currently there are no 'advanced bookings' available before August 9th for tee times on the New, the Jubilee and the Castle courses (popular place apparently). But they do hold back some tee-times for release the day before - ie release some on a Monday for a Tuesday etc. Question is - anyone know how many tee-times are released this way. A handful? Or a reasonable amount?

abjectplop

Hacker
Visit site

It seems that currently there are no 'advanced bookings' available before August 9th for tee times on the New, the Jubilee and the Castle courses (popular place apparently). But they do hold back some tee-times for release the day before - ie release some on a Monday for a Tuesday etc. Question is - anyone know how many tee-times are released this way. A handful? Or a reasonable amount?

This is just their standard policy as far as I know, certainly on the New and Jubilee, there's never advance bookings unless it's part of a 3 day package or similar. I've played both in peak season just calling the day before and got a tee time no problem. Just make sure you call or go to the starters hut next to the main clubhouse when it opens.

OAP

Visit site
Dukes for me, take your crampons, coming from Norfolk found it a bit hilly but very enjoyable.

Hoganman1

Visit site
If you're willing to venture out from St. Andrews, I recommend Kingsbarns. It is beautiful. We played there two years ago while attending the 150th Open.

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site

Went last year on the three day ticket with th intention of playing 36 each day, which we acheived by booking the second round the day before. There was always a choice of course. The New course though has no advances bookings for visitors beyond the first round of the day for those with Tickets.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Went last year on the three day ticket with th intention of playing 36 each day, which we acheived by booking the second round the day before. There was always a choice of course. The New course though has no advances bookings for visitors beyond the first round of the day for those with Tickets.
Problem is that we're going in a couple of weeks & want the three day 'Advanced booking' ticket, but there's no availability (prior to mid August) to book the first round as is required. So we're now looking at the 'book on the day' version of the ticket. Just wondering that if we do get it, will there be courses/rounds available?

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Problem is that we're going in a couple of weeks & want the three day 'Advanced booking' ticket, but there's no availability (prior to mid August) to book the first round as is required. So we're now looking at the 'book on the day' version of the ticket. Just wondering that if we do get it, will there be courses/rounds available?
Why not phone the Links Trust and ask them?

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
As I said we always got a second round in with a choice of courses each day to fit in with the first round played. You will have more flexibility on times so see no reason why you wouldn't get on each day. I would though check with the trust to see if any of the course are closed to visitors for any day(s) as they often are fully booked for specific events.