Castle vs Jubilee vs New course vs Eden @ St Andrews

Which is your preferred track to play

• Total voters

Bamberdele2.0

Visit site
It was interesting that not one course seems to tower above the rest in the previous St Andrews thread. Please select your favourite track excluding the Old Course.

I’ve left out the other two as it seems they would be less likely to be chosen.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Castle wasn't there when I was up there so I was picking from the other three. Probably New, Eden, Jubilee for me but that's possibly because of my skill level and always finding the Jubilee a bit of a slog.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'm another New course fanboy, but that in no way is meaning to criticize the others.
I would be very happy playing any of them. Castle will probably punish you most if you're not on your game and Eden least.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It’s tricky, I’m not sure I can answer.

I love playing the Castle but would never dream of playing in a medal on it.
I love the New as it’s challenging but still quite forgiving to play in a medal.
I love the Jubilee because it’s where I scored my lowest ever medal round.

They’re all different, the Castle probably has the best set of holes but I prefer the convenience of the New.

Jubilee is easier now they’ve ripped out a lot of gorse but in doing so I think it’s lost some of its bite. It’s also let down by the worst finishing holes of all three. But, there’s still something really attractive about it.

Yep, impossible to choose.

Edit: forgot the Eden! Basically I don’t like it. The first hole is superb but after that it gets worse, the crossover is stupid, the pond is stupid, the OOB is stupid. 18th is nice but the card’s wrecked by then so that’s stupid too.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I've only played the Castle once, when the har was well and truly in. 100 yards visibility tops for 8 holes, 150 yards for 8 holes and 200 yards in time to see the 17th green!
So, I have to say the New course, as not played the Jubilee and didn't rate the Eden that much either. Plus the New cost me £27 with last year's Captain of the R&A hosting me! 😉

Deijavoo

Medal Winner
Visit site
Voted Castle course only really because of the difference and some thoroughly enjoyable days there. Had some great scores, had some horrific ones.

New and Jubilee are equally brilliant but I have to say Eden wasn't as memorable or enjoyable.