Playing TOC St Andrews

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I can at least say I was one of those fools who queued!
At 05.45 on an Easter Saturday one year, third in line and managed to get out first tee time with an American couple attending the same wedding as me, and a Japanese guy. The two ball booked in at 7am didn't show up!
More recently, I've heard of people queuing from 23.30 now and not getting on, so I'm glad I did it pre COVID!

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
I can at least say I was one of those fools who queued!
At 05.45 on an Easter Saturday one year, third in line and managed to get out first tee time with an American couple attending the same wedding as me, and a Japanese guy. The two ball booked in at 7am didn't show up!
More recently, I've heard of people queuing from 23.30 now and not getting on, so I'm glad I did it pre COVID!

Feels like it’s a bit of tradition that’s being lost.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
No disrespect but that picture that was posted did absolutely nothing for me. If someone posted the attached my head would be turned and would be more inclined to want to play it.

Someone on here has played this course and posted a review but I cant find it anywhere - what was the name of this course please anyone? I know it was remote and in a less common golfing country?

Bratty

Visit site
Someone on here has played this course and posted a review but I cant find it anywhere - what was the name of this course please anyone? I know it was remote and in a less common golfing country?
Lofoten?

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Legend! That's the badger! Need to keep that written down somewhere, I will play this course one day!

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Jinx

Swango1980

Visit site
If you are not into history or prestige, then don't pay the £320. Because, I can tell you, that green fee is not scaled up to that value purely based on the quality difference between TOC and another nice course you could play for much cheaper. It'll be high because many people want to play there because of history.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it is nice for a links course, but I'd bet there are many quality links course, most of which we've never heard off, for under £100 per round

Bratty

Visit site
mine to

I keep feeding bits about it to the wife...mentioning it in the same vein as my 60th in a couple of years time....sowing some seeds. :D
Mine has said she wants us to go there for sure... and she doesn't even play golf! 🤣