Cooden meet 2022. Friday 24th June.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
"You will be disqualified if you are not stood by the first tee at least 15 minutes before your tee time. This is to make it look like there are hundreds of spectators watching all of the action. You will also be disqualified if you wear wet weather gear that covers up our fine range of bespoke tailoring, so even if it is hosing down, don't bother to pack it"... yours sincerely, The Fat Controller.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
"You will be disqualified if you are not stood by the first tee at least 15 minutes before your tee time. This is to make it look like there are hundreds of spectators watching all of the action. You will also be disqualified if you wear wet weather gear that covers up our fine range of bespoke tailoring, so even if it is hosing down, don't bother to pack it"... yours sincerely, The Fat Controller.

Your auto correct is playing up mate - he’s not a fat “controller”

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Just a reminder that we have the 1st tee booked from 9.30am so if you could arrive at the club no later than 8.30 that would be great. Tee is again booked from 2.30pm.
Payment method preferred is CASH as I have to go and sort it out with the secretary at lunchtime, and cash is sooo much easier.
Coffee on arrival.
18 hole individual Stableford.
Ham Egg & Chip lunch
18 hole team Stableford
Evening meal (no need to change)
I'll be popping down the club this week sometime to finalise things, with only 18 of us playing now, the evening meal should be considerably earlier than usual so we won't be too late away.
Will update as soon as I know more.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Catering.

Coffee on arrival.
Bacon rolls/breakfast available but additional cost

Lunchtime
Ham, egg and chips.

Evening meal
Homemade battered fish and chips with mushy peas
Apple crumble and custard
Coffee/Tea

Hope this is okay for everyone?????

fine for me mate

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Catering.

Coffee on arrival.
Bacon rolls/breakfast available but additional cost

Lunchtime
Ham, egg and chips.

Evening meal
Homemade battered fish and chips with mushy peas
Apple crumble and custard
Coffee/Tea

Hope this is okay for everyone?????
Smashing!
Can you remind me the cost, please?

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Final details...…..
Arrive 8.30am onwards, 1st tee booked from 9.30am.
Coffee on arrival. If you'd like any food (rolls/breakfast etc.) this will be at additional cost.
18 holes individual Stableford
Lunch from 1pm (Ham, Egg and Chips)
18 holes team event in teams of 3. Best score of the 3 on holes 1-6, best 2 scores of the 3 on holes 7-12 and all three scores to count on holes 13-18.
Evening meal from approx. 6.30pm consisting of fish & Chips with Apple crumble to follow.
Cost of day is £77.00 per player (CASH PREFERRED) with an additional £10.00 going in the pot for prizes.
Full handicap allowance and we'll be playing from the yellow tees where the slope index is 121.

GROUPS:

9.30: SMIFFY, NORMAN PORRITT & DANDO (SMIFFY & NORMAN IN BUGGY)
9.38: NEED MY WEDGE & GUEST & PADDYC (NEED MY WEDGE & GUEST IN BUGGY)
9.46: FULL THROTTLE, NORRIN RADD AND FISH (FULL THROTTLE & NORRIN RADD IN BUGGY)
9.54: JUST ONE, LET IT RIP, BADGER
10.02: CHRISD, STEVEW86, DUFFERMAN
*10.10: BRATTY, MARK BIGNALL, GRIZZLY

As I say, I have reserved 5 buggies in total, which means there are 2 left. If anyone else would like to reserve one, let me know and I can amend the list above.
Buggies can be driving down fairways etc. there are no cart paths to worry about just to let you know.
I have a couple of small prizes that I will donate myself to say "thank you" for coming along, these will be a nearest the pin prize on the 3rd hole, and a longest drive prize on the 6th, both held during the morning round. Please do not get too excited, these aren't fourballs at Wentworth or anything like that....;);););)

Just to confirm that there is no need to change afterwards for the meal, smart casual only is required. As long as it isn't forecast to rain, which I don't think it will be, just a change of shirt will do for me, but remember, no golf shoes of any description for the meal.
Hope that the above is okay, fingers crossed for good weather (long range forecast is looking good) and if you have any other questions or requests, please let me know.
Rob

* HAVE MOVED GRIZZLY INTO THE LAST GROUP AS HE MAY BE DELAYED DUE TO THE EXPECTED DISRUPTIONS WITH THE RAIL NETWORK.

Last edited:

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Final details...…..
Arrive 8.30am onwards, 1st tee booked from 9.30am.
Coffee on arrival. If you'd like any food (rolls/breakfast etc.) this will be at additional cost.
18 holes individual Stableford
Lunch from 1pm (Ham, Egg and Chips)
18 holes team event in teams of 3. Best score of the 3 on holes 1-6, best 2 scores of the 3 on holes 7-12 and all three scores to count on holes 13-18.
Evening meal from approx. 6.30pm consisting of fish & Chips with Apple crumble to follow.
Cost of day is £77.00 per player (CASH PREFERRED) with an additional £10.00 going in the pot for prizes.
Full handicap allowance and we'll be playing from the yellow tees where the slope index is 121.

GROUPS:

9.30: SMIFFY, NORMAN PORRITT & DANDO (SMIFFY & NORMAN IN BUGGY)
9.38: NEED MY WEDGE & GUEST & PADDYC (NEED MY WEDGE & GUEST IN BUGGY)
9.46: FULL THROTTLE, NORRIN RADD AND GRIZZLY (FULL THROTTLE & NORRIN RADD IN BUGGY)
9.54: JUST ONE, LET IT RIP, BADGER
10.02: CHRISD, STEVEW86, DUFFERMAN
10.10: BRATTY, MARK BIGNALL, FISH

As I say, I have reserved 5 buggies in total, which means there are 2 left. If anyone else would like to reserve one, let me know and I can amend the list above.
Buggies can be driving down fairways etc. there are no cart paths to worry about just to let you know.
I have a couple of small prizes that I will donate myself to say "thank you" for coming along, these will be a nearest the pin prize on the 3rd hole, and a longest drive prize on the 6th, both held during the morning round. Please do not get too excited, these aren't fourballs at Wentworth or anything like that....;);););)

Just to confirm that there is no need to change afterwards for the meal, smart casual only is required. As long as it isn't forecast to rain, which I don't think it will be, just a change of shirt will do for me, but remember, no golf shoes of any description for the meal.
Hope that the above is okay, fingers crossed for good weather (long range forecast is looking good) and if you have any other questions or requests, please let me know.
Rob

A vokey wedge will do