Club comps

PaulS

Visit site
Then you match them up with people who do!

I get tired of people that find more reasons to not do something than to find, as they should, a way to get on with it, there are always ways, and if some people don’t have any form of internet (their personal choice) to be able to input a score, then have someone play with them that will, and if that’s not possible, exclude them, is that harsh, no it isn’t, it’s 2020, why should 99% of a membership be held back by backward looking people!

Surely a club should look after the whole of their membership and not just the people who can use the technology?

That person who can’t use the internet had prob been a member for decades and people like you want to exclude him because they don’t do things the way you want ? That’s not very inclusive is it.

And it’s why competitions should wait - so that everyone gets the same chance as the next person and no one gets left behind. I sort of expected this whole situation to give people a more understanding perspective on life and be more understanding of each other.

You aren’t being held back if comps don’t start because they want everyone to be involved. That’s showing an understanding of the full membership

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just interested (as we run HandicapMaster at our club) How do you plan to verify that the scores entered by the individual are correct? Will players be expected to return physical cards at a later date for retrospective cross-checking or are you going to take their returned scores at their word?

(Not meant as an criticism whichever way you've decide to go...just genuinely interested at the decisions you've come to).

How will you finalise the competition? Will you need to visit the club to access the H'Master via a PC at Your club, or, are you running the Cloud Edition so are able to do this remotely?

While it's still 2-balls, the pairs have to verify the gross scores of the other one at the end of the round with scorecards retained for later submission. In the final edition of the instructions we may also ask players to do a check on the scores the other player entered - we haven't finally decided on that. I will finalise the competition from home - Cloud Edition.

matt71

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Pro’s role up comp staring next weekend. open to male and female and a prize for each

£3 to enter and no changes to the t- time’s . You can turn up to ply as per normal or put your £3 in :)

seems like a good start for us :)

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
As I mentioned before we are back playing competitions.
Entry is made by ringing the pro which is obviously very simple.
You pick your card up from the shop 15 minutes before your round.
You mark your own card which is then checked with your partner without swapping cards.
The pro enters the scores as you read them out.
Can’t be any easier than that.

D

Deleted member 25172

As I mentioned before we are back playing competitions.
Entry is made by ringing the pro which is obviously very simple.
You pick your card up from the shop 15 minutes before your round.
You mark your own card which is then checked with your partner without swapping cards.
The pro enters the scores as you read them out.
Can’t be any easier than that.

Eagerly awaiting the opposition to this solution. I'm sure it cannot pass the scrutiny of a robust process to find any theoretical problem under the sun.

This reminds me of the first lecture and the first marketing acronym I learned in uni: KISS - Keep it simple, stupid.

PaulS

Visit site
Eagerly awaiting the opposition to this solution. I'm sure it cannot pass the scrutiny of a robust process to find any theoretical problem under the sun.

This reminds me of the first lecture and the first marketing acronym I learned in uni: KISS - Keep it simple, stupid.
What if like a lot of the golf course the Pro Shop is shut currently ?

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Each to their own but I have no desire to play club competitions with upturned cups, preferred lies in bunkers etc. That's not proper golf as per the normal rules and therefore there should be no handicap qualifiers until the rules are back to normal IMO.

D

Deleted member 25172

What if like a lot of the golf course the Pro Shop is shut currently ?

If it’s the pro shop that runs it and they’re closed, they cannot run it, can they?
Tell my instead why it cannot be run with the given solution from pokerjoke for those that have their proshops open.

Last edited by a moderator:

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Each to their own but I have no desire to play club competitions with upturned cups, preferred lies in bunkers etc. That's not proper golf as per the normal rules and therefore there should be no handicap qualifiers until the rules are back to normal IMO.

Join my club, we are not having any for the foreseeable future.

PaulS

Visit site
If it’s the pro shop that runs it and they’re closed, they cannot run it, can they?
Tell my instead why it cannot be run with the given solution from pokerjoke for those that have their proshops open.

Right now we don’t even have cards out there for people to use to ensure there is no cross contamination, pro shops may not want to start to handle score card etc

Why such a demand to play competitions ? Are people unable to just play social golf in these strange times. Why not wait until the course and clubs are ready to run comps for all

D

Deleted member 25172

Right now we don’t even have cards out there for people to use to ensure there is no cross contamination, pro shops may not want to start to handle score card etc

Why such a demand to play competitions ? Are people unable to just play social golf in these strange times. Why not wait until the course and clubs are ready to run comps for all

This’ll be my last reply on this as you clearly, for whatever unknown reason, don’t want competitions.
You’re once again coming up with a hypothetical issue.

To run comps would of course be under the premesis that a; rules of golf can be met. b; the organiser is open for business and c; that they’re willing to run it in the current climate.
If a, b and c is met, then you CAN hold competitions - if you WANT to.

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
Seems weird to be worried about comps now, tho theoretically nothing that should mean they can't be played. Juts some weird rules, rusty swings and 2 balls.

I would have a big issue if comps gained priority to the tee slots however.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site

It’s interesting when you talk of contamination from cards when Government guidelines actually say you can’t catch Covid from post.
Is a card not paper?