Best courses you've played?

Ndw7

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I haven't played a great number of courses, but I would say my favourite course I've played is the Ashburnham. I have played both the mongomerie and the roman road at the celtic manor but was not fussed to be honest. I have just got back from a trip to Cornwall where I was staying near China Fleet Golf and Country club. My girlfriend even suggested I pack my golf gear so I could have a round with her dad but his knee wouldn't allow it!

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
I was surprised to see that there were 43 posts before Royal Dornoch made an appearance !! (Unless l missed something ...)

Royal Dornoch
Royal St George's
Gleneagles Kings

D

Deleted member 17920

Hmmmmm,

way as too hard a question to answer.

1. North Berwick. Not the most difficult but easily the most enjoyable course I have ever played. I would love to be a member there.

Tied 2nd

Sunningdale Old and Swinley Forest. Just can't split them, both incredible.

3rd. Trump Aberdeen.
I had now better add The Old Course to the list.

incredible place.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am playing Pannal Golf Club next month. It does look great on the photographs etc, I'm even more excited now after seeing it make someones top 3!

To be fair I haven't played any of the Open courses or very expensive courses. I found Pannal to be a proper club, a proper course however. I'd be surprised if you didn't come off appreciating it. I say that as someone who got beaten up by it first time but went back for more and was glad I did.

There is a par 3 which is the signature hole. The members we were behind made a point of telling us to play off the white tee on that hole, even though the pro had said not to. You will see why when you get to the hole. 4 golfers, 2 balls each. None of us hit the green but we loved it still 😁.

I hope you enjoy it, post what you think afterwards.

Pancho Villa

Hacker
Visit site
Saunton east, Saunton west and St mellion Nicklaus.
Saunton east was my first links experience and is amazing and played the Nicklaus not long after I started playing again and it got me well and truly hooked again!!!

D

Deleted Member 1156

So very hard to narrow it down to just 3!

The Old course has to be in there, just one of the best experiences in golf period.

Played Pinehurst #2 off the back tees, that was special. You have to be so accurate with your approach shots, such a strong test of good iron play.

Royal County Down, quite simply stunning.

Other courses I would play again without hesitation are Fancourt links, Royal Dornoch, any of the Open rota courses, North Berwick, both Sunningdales.......aarghhh I can't narrow it down!!!