Best courses you've played?

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
1. St Andrews Old (because it's that special)
2. Brancaster - again, very special
3. Woburn Marquess' (the fastest true greens I've been on)

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I change my mind constantly on this so I'm cheating and putting a few options:

1. St.Enodoc, the course and views are just heavenly

2. Saunton (East) or Burnham & Berrow. Semi-regulary play both and It's like choosing between your children.

3. Hollinwell (Notts) or Beau Desert. Majestic heathland without having to travel to Surrey (which I haven't...yet)

Hollinwell possibly has the edge with the grand clubhouse and the 13th, but I love Beau Desert's rollercoaster greens

Disclaimers:
- Need to play Muirfield as only spectated there and don't really 'get it'
- Nefyn & West Cornwall should also make my favourites list as although they're not in the same league they are so quirky and absolute fun to play (if it's not busy!)
- St.Mellion for the challenge and a laugh but would never play it with a card in hand!
- Pretty sure Dornoch will take the crown when I eventually make it up there!

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
I change my mind constantly on this so I'm cheating and putting a few options:

1. St.Enodoc, the course and views are just heavenly

2. Saunton (East) or Burnham & Berrow. Semi-regulary play both and It's like choosing between your children.

3. Hollinwell (Notts) or Beau Desert. Majestic heathland without having to travel to Surrey (which I haven't...yet)

Hollinwell possibly has the edge with the grand clubhouse and the 13th, but I love Beau Desert's rollercoaster greens

Disclaimers:
- Need to play Muirfield as only spectated there and don't really 'get it'
- Nefyn & West Cornwall should also make my favourites list as although they're not in the same league they are so quirky and absolute fun to play (if it's not busy!)
- St.Mellion for the challenge and a laugh but would never play it with a card in hand!
- Pretty sure Dornoch will take the crown when I eventually make it up there!

Great shout on all the courses, I'm a huge fan on Notts, a member at Burnham but think the East is better.

my 3 courses are

Wolf Creek
Sunningdale Old
Woodhall Spa

D

Deleted member 18588

In no particular order Birkdale, the Old Course and Royal St George's.

There are a number of others that could be mentioned but the above three stand out for me.

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Great shout on all the courses, I'm a huge fan on Notts, a member at Burnham but think the East is better.

Hard to argue with that, maybe a few holes after the turn just let Burnham down a touch, but I just get those goosebumps every time I visit 💚

D

Deleted member 17920

Hmmmmm,

way as too hard a question to answer.

1. North Berwick. Not the most difficult but easily the most enjoyable course I have ever played. I would love to be a member there.

Tied 2nd

Sunningdale Old and Swinley Forest. Just can't split them, both incredible.

3rd. Trump Aberdeen.

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Man how lucky are we to play this wonderful game, with all these great courses available

With almost every post I'm thinking Wow (N.Berwick, Troon, St.Andrews, Birkdale)... all places I've visited but not yet had the pleasure of playing

My list will be fluid!

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hard to argue with that, maybe a few holes after the turn just let Burnham down a touch, but I just get those goosebumps every time I visit 

Oh I dunno, 11 12 & 13 are exceptional!

i can't really fault it but the east is just so good it's silly

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Define best? If it's the hardest test of golf then of those I've been fortunate enough to play;

1. Carnoustie
2. Bethpage Black
3. Royal St. George's

If it's outstanding natural beauty then it's;

1. Banff Springs
2. Swinley Forest
3. Sunningdale Old

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I’m a bit closeted in that most of the good courses I’ve played are all in one small area and I don’t really have a lot to choose from

Like Tashy, its Anahita & Ile Aux Cerfs + I’ll add Heritage GC as my number one

The best I played in UK was Eden but for me the above 3 are all far far better