Favourite 5 NEW courses played in 2017 ?

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
I really loved Broadstone. Was probably the course I knew least about, but it was a cracking course in top notch condition. I played as a member's guest with him and his two sons.

We'd played Remedy Oak the day before and Roger was saying that some members had left Broadstone to join Remedy Oak, but to me as an outsider that seems bizarre. There's no comparison, Broadstone is a much better course. Plus, I understand it drains well and is more playable all year round.

I hope to return next year !

Shame the 7th is such a terrible hole.

great course though.

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Very poor year for me traveling think I can only put 3 down (much like Hobbit there were more but not that would make a favourites list)

Morgado (Portuguese Open/Masters course a week after the tournament)
Alamos
Mid-Kent - Not a world beater but very pleasant!

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Poor from me only managed 4 this year ,house renovations and a fall out of love with golf didn't help but hopefully do better next season.

Lahnich
Connemarra
Moray Old
Kingussie

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Didn't play many new courses this year
But did manage exactly 5

The Northumberland
The Glen
Castle Eden
Seahouses
Seaham

Hopefully add more new courses next year.......

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
First four were easy but the fifth was tricky.

I played three new links courses but Royal Porthcawl and Royal Liverpool weren't played in the best of the weather (Especially Porthcawl.....) and Aberdovey was very wet after heavy rain so I didn't get the full links enjoyment on any of them.
Which left a few inland courses and Cavendish shaded it for me for pure fun and the variety of its holes.

Sunningdale Old
Sunningdale New
Hankley Common
New Zealand
Cavendish

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Haven't played that many new courses this year but the quality of those below makes up for it!

Sunningdale New
Royal Liverpool
Sunningdale Old
Sandiway
Mere

Think that might actually be all the new ones I played, Mere isn't in same league as the others but was much better than I expected and would happily play there again.

Royal Liverpool was outstanding, one of my favourite Links courses I've played, just unfortunate I played Sunningdale in the same year!

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Been a lucky boy this year.

Hillside. Maybe my fav course. Loved it
Birkdale. With the stands fully erected pre open.
Walton Heath
Royal Liverpool
New Zealand.

Never paid a single penny for any of them. 😁

94tegsi

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Not played many new courses this year. But played my first two Links courses which I loved. Portmarnock Links and The Valley course at Portrush.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I would agree with that
I have been watching Rick Shiels and Peter Finch play the front nine, and must admit it looked quite disappointing. A lot of trees, but hardly any dunes. Not what I was expecting from the reviews I had read on here.:mmm:

Formby looked much nicer.:whistle:

Last edited: