How many courses have you played?

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Have also got boxes and boxes of scorecards with my thoughts and ramblings on them, yardage books for probably about half of the courses and logo balls for about half too (started trying to collect them for a while, then decided to stick to ballmarkers).

To keep my wife happy, most of these are currently confined to the loft, but one day...!

Although I have only been playing golf for about 10 years I have had an unhealthy obsession with collecting scorecards and ball markers with the pin on the back (to stick on a board). I have only played a handful of courses in America but have over 80 scorecards and nearly as many ball markers. I have been known to drop the Mrs and kids off in 'the mall' first thing in the morning and then pick them up at the end of the day after travelling to about 20 courses. They were happy shopping and I was happy collecting.

Not that bothered these days and only get stuff from new courses I play but still feel disappointed when there is no ball marker to purchase.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
109 for me.

Top 15 being:-
Royal Dornoch
Castle Stuart
Royal Birkdale
Formby
Turnberry
Hoylake
Hillside
Sotogrande
Ballyliffin
Woodhall Spa
Portstewart Strand
Beau Desert
Wentworth West
Boat of Garten
Silloth

Special mentions to Aphrodite Hills, LaQuinta, Moortown, Brabazon(Best greens i've ever played on), S&A and Aberdovey

Devastated, not even a mention of Wallasey ;)

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
652... would be fair to say the job has helped just a tad on that front. Excel sheet just updated with latest edition - Langland Bay.

Ref spreadsheets, I once had a reader send me his and it made me feel slightly less geeky. It was colour coded (can't remember what the coding designated) and recorded, among other things...

Date
Gross score
Handicap at time
Net score
Weather conditions
Course observations
Best hole
Worst hole
And much more...

V impressive but a bit too much for me - I just log name, county or country and whether or not I managed to obtain a ballmarker for my collection (probably too geeky for some still...)

Still got Royal Aberdeen as one of your favourites if not THE favourite? I remember you telling me this at Machrihanish.

bernix

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Austria - 77
Czech Republic - 2
Germany - 11
England - 10
France - 2
Ireland - 12
Italy - 14
Scotland - 19
Slovenia - 1
South Africa - 16
Spain - 27
Tunesia - 4
Turkey - 6
USA - 4
Wales 5
total - 210

My top 5 (in order of play)
Trallee
Wild Coast Sun
St. Andrews - Jubilee Course
Carnoustie
Alcanada

Spear-Chucker

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Around 60.. On the one hand perhaps not enough but also very lucky to have played those I have. Range from cheapo muni's to Open venues and include several countries. Highlights include the first time seaside pitch and putting with my son, shooting 6 over in sideways rain at Birkdale and being bought lunch by the most down to earth billionaire you ever could meet, in Florida. Always amazed by the diversity in this game.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Guessing for UK and Ireland, but would say:

Ireland (32 counties): 75
GB: 50 or so
USA: 50
Portugal: 15
Spain: 12
Mexico: 3
Canada: 3
Barbados: 3
Australia: 2
Cyprus: 1
Malaysia: 1
Tobago: 1

Total: around 215

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
I've played 78 which is less than I'd have thought

7 in England
2 in Eire
5 in Northern Ireland
1 in USA
2 in Portugal
61 in Scotland

Favourites are
St Andrews Old
Cruden Bay
Valley (Rathmore) at Royal Portrush
Boat of Garten
Silloth on Solway
Alford

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Devastated, not even a mention of Wallasey ;)

Haha, a thousand apologies. Wallasey does deserve a special mention...cracking course !!!!! How could i forget??? I / we are spoilt having so many good mates who are members of top courses around the NW...easy to take for granted ! We just need qwerty to join Royal Fleetwood ;) ;)

Last edited:

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Haha, a thousand apologies. Wallasey does deserve a special mention...cracking course !!!!! How could i forget??? I / we are spoilt having so many good mates who are members of top courses around the NW...easy to take for granted ! We just need qwerty to join Royal Fleetwood ;) ;)

Fleetwood golf club...?? It makes for a good practice ground, but a good golf course...:eek: