How many courses have you played?

Davey247

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just worked mine out - 47

USA 1
Scotland 6
England 40

Need to not play any new course until my trip to the UAE in Feb as that will make the Earth course my 50th.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have been trying to work it out and the honest answer is not enough. I have only played about 22 courses, all in England and some of those are 2 courses at the same club (Greetham Valley and Belton Woods). Never played an open venue, probably only played half a dozen in the top 100.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
England 25
Scotland 2
Spain 1

No really flash ones but some very nice ones even so. Where do you guys get all the money from to play all of these different courses?

drewster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Just worked out that i'm on about 75 , not many of them would be classed as prestige although the standout tracks for me have been Lindrick, Royal Blackheath, Both Brocket Hall courses, Sept Fontaines - Belgium and Hardlelot Pines - France.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
To date ....

129 England
6 Spain
6 South Africa
5 France
5 Tenerife
20 Portugal
7 America

178 total

At least 3 new ones already planned for next year. Broadstone, Purbeck and Parkstone. :thup:

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
I had them all logged up to 4 years ago when the laptop went kaput! I was on 160 odd at that point so am guessing i have reached 200 odd. Only ever played in England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, France and South Africa. Think I have played 31 of the GB&I top 100 so far though.

OldMate

Head Pro
Visit site
According to wikipedia there were 35,112 courses in the world in 2008 (and probably more now), so we've all got quite a few to go...

JezzE

GM Staff
Visit site
652... would be fair to say the job has helped just a tad on that front. Excel sheet just updated with latest edition - Langland Bay.

Ref spreadsheets, I once had a reader send me his and it made me feel slightly less geeky. It was colour coded (can't remember what the coding designated) and recorded, among other things...

Date
Gross score
Handicap at time
Net score
Weather conditions
Course observations
Best hole
Worst hole
And much more...

V impressive but a bit too much for me - I just log name, county or country and whether or not I managed to obtain a ballmarker for my collection (probably too geeky for some still...)

NST

Head Pro
Visit site
Started playing a little over two years ago.

52 England, highlights include Woburn Dukes and Duchess, East at Wentworth and Swinley Forest.
21 Spain, favourites being, La Reserva, San Roque Old, Aloha and Finca Cortesin.

I need a trip to Scotland.

OldMate

Head Pro
Visit site
652... would be fair to say the job has helped just a tad on that front. Excel sheet just updated with latest edition - Langland Bay.

Ref spreadsheets, I once had a reader send me his and it made me feel slightly less geeky. It was colour coded (can't remember what the coding designated) and recorded, among other things...

Date
Gross score
Handicap at time
Net score
Weather conditions
Course observations
Best hole
Worst hole
And much more...

V impressive but a bit too much for me - I just log name, county or country and whether or not I managed to obtain a ballmarker for my collection (probably too geeky for some still...)

652 is a very impressive number! I haven't kept records of mine, but have now put together a list of them all. I've picked up a few ball markers and pin flags along the way and try to keep my scorecard from the bigger name courses.

JezzE

GM Staff
Visit site
652 is a very impressive number! I haven't kept records of mine, but have now put together a list of them all. I've picked up a few ball markers and pin flags along the way and try to keep my scorecard from the bigger name courses.

Have also got boxes and boxes of scorecards with my thoughts and ramblings on them, yardage books for probably about half of the courses and logo balls for about half too (started trying to collect them for a while, then decided to stick to ballmarkers).

To keep my wife happy, most of these are currently confined to the loft, but one day...!

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
109 for me.

Top 15 being:-
Royal Dornoch
Castle Stuart
Royal Birkdale
Formby
Turnberry
Hoylake
Hillside
Sotogrande
Ballyliffin
Woodhall Spa
Portstewart Strand
Beau Desert
Wentworth West
Boat of Garten
Silloth

Special mentions to Aphrodite Hills, LaQuinta, Moortown, Brabazon(Best greens i've ever played on), S&A and Aberdovey

gregbwfc

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Just got up to 90.
More than I thought.
Will keep a count going next year, might get to 100, if the NW Massive let me keep tagging along :D