The best course for the best price

www.thesportingvoice.com
I got thinking today, I wonder what people would rank as the best course they have played for the best price? Some courses are very expensive and not all that and often some cheaper ones pleasantly surprise you.

Thought it would be good to get everyone's thoughts and maybe throw some recommendations around. If you had to recommend one course for amazing value for money, which would it be?

Name the course and the price :)

D

Deleted member 15344

Surely it depends on if its a guest rate with a member or part of a society package

For me a few stick out

Blackmoor with a member is superb for the price as is Ipswich Purdis - both brilliant value for the courses

Frilford Heath on a winter rate at £55 for all day golf is superb

RCP at £65 is great value as well for the course

And this year we got a winter rate at West Hill two weeks ago at £45 which is fantastic value

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Forest of Arden for free was decent! Really enjoy Caversham Heath every time I play it and we have that on a reciprocal so only £10. Other than that Blackmoor is fairly priced for what it gives. Other than that £65 twilight for Woking was good value for a wonderful course and £30 members guest fee for Kingswood in Surrey was good

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Carmoustie for £22 last year & Royal Lytham for £15 next Sunday are my best. shame I am not in the same Lancashire region as Birkdale or would have a chance to play it for free.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Parkstone, Ferndown and Broadstone playing with members for £70 all in last summer wasn't bad.:thup: Remedy Oak for £25 with a member wasn't bad either.

Some good twilight deals at West Hill and Liphook. Also some good winter deals to be had at Burnham and Berrow, Saunton and St Enedoc.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I can get on Royal Dornoch for £10 as part of my reciprocal from Tain. The SGU deals are pretty good as well Muirfield & Troon for £70 each, though that's harder to get on now as they have gone to a ballot rather than FCFS. Luckily i know a couple of members and can get on with them a couple of times a year;)

D

Deleted Member 1156

Is there really any point listing guest rates in a thread like this? Surely the point is the best visitor deals (normal or twilight rates)?

As mentioned, Silloth for £50 a day takes some beating.

D

Deleted member 17920

Forest Pines for £15 on a twilight is extremely good value.

Silloth £50 for a day ticket is outrageous as its awesome.

Saunton £50 for 36 holes yesterday in the open comp will take some beating.

Hotchkin twilight is £55 from 3pm 7 days a week and that's not to be sniffed at either.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I'll second the 1st bit Rich. Golfing heaven. Remedy Oak? I wouldn't go back there and play for £15.00 let alone £25.00
:mad:
The course is better now Rob. Cleared out a lot of the reeds, and I have played a couple of times since we were there, and like it now. Just need to play there when the greens are quicker. Still a few daft holes, but also some crackers.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The perspective here is interesting. £50-£55 is a lot of money for a round of golf. The course may be a cracker but that is still a lot to pay. What fits the title for one person will not for another.

D

Deleted Member 1156

The perspective here is interesting. £50-£55 is a lot of money for a round of golf. The course may be a cracker but that is still a lot to pay. What fits the title for one person will not for another.

Don't worry, guest100718 set the bar nice and low :thup: