Weekend Course Recommendations - The Open 2023

rystaman

Visit site
Hi all,

I’ve got tickets to the Friday at Royal Liverpool this year and am staying in Ellesmere Port and looking to play a couple of courses on Saturday and Sunday but looking for some recommendations with say a £75-ish budget.

I've looked at a couple but didn’t realise the price of some of the links courses like S&A around there 🫥 Any recommended courses would be great, would love to play some links but think it's out of the budget...

Red devil

Visit site
Don't bother looking at the Southport area,you'll get nothing for that money there. Look at the Wirral, Leasowe isn't a bad course.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Also, dip into Cheshire. Plenty of options there that wont be impacted by an Open bounce. Obviously not links but may offer a better / cheaper alternative.

CountLippe

Visit site
I'd be trying to play Conwy on a twilight rate. It can only be an hour drive from Ellesmere Port?
Played conwy a couple of weeks ago, first time since the changes. Got to be honest, I think the course is worse for them, it just seems a bit of a mess. Whereas on the other side of the beach, I think changing the order has improved Maesdu and North Wales is as good as I've ever seen it.

cunnini

Visit site
Blundells Hill is an interesting course, just off the M62 J7 - i used to be a member many years ago before relocating down south.... you need to plot your way around, not blast the driver on every hole

rystaman

Visit site
Cheers all, Prestatyn looks a great shout for Saturday/Sunday. Might take a look around Cheshire see if there's any others that pop up

Skytot

Visit site
When we went away with the lads to North Wales in May we played , Conwy , Prestatyn & Maesdu. All very good but Maesdu just keeps on improving, they’ve changed the layout and think it’s much better . Also they let you play after 12.30 on a Saturday ( after comp) . Very friendly club