Lads Golf Trip

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
This year we are off to Gainsborough. A bit random. But hey, why not. We will be playing Thornock park booked. Hopefully Sickleholme on the way back. Stunning course. You can stick your expensive stupid prices places. There are some amazing places to play at standard prices. Sickleholme is one. The 14th, I think is awesome. One more to find for on the way to Gainsborough. My best ever effort was, accomodation two nights, and 3 games of golf for £99. And that wasn't that long ago. Best trip, imo, was Southport. Fingers crossed for the weather.

AussieKB

Visit site
Agree totally. Off to Ireland next weekend - Carne one day, Enniscrone the next. Less than £110 total. As spectacular as any links combo in the rest of the UK, and at least half the price!
Some great unknown gems in Ireland......love the place.

Reactions: Zig
D

Deleted member 35577

Agree totally. Off to Ireland next weekend - Carne one day, Enniscrone the next. Less than £110 total. As spectacular as any links combo in the rest of the UK, and at least half the price!
Which layout are you playing at Carne?

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
This year we are off to Gainsborough. A bit random. But hey, why not. We will be playing Thornock park booked. Hopefully Sickleholme on the way back. Stunning course. You can stick your expensive stupid prices places. There are some amazing places to play at standard prices. Sickleholme is one. The 14th, I think is awesome. One more to find for on the way to Gainsborough. My best ever effort was, accomodation two nights, and 3 games of golf for £99. And that wasn't that long ago. Best trip, imo, was Southport. Fingers crossed for the weather.
I've played both courses at Gainsborough a lot, but I had my first (so far only) visit to Sickleholme last year and it's a lovely course. I agree there is no need to spend a fortune; it's about who you're with, not where you are.

Skytot

Visit site
Love Sickleholme. Is the 14th the par 3 over a valley of woodland ? Great hole if it’s the one . Also think the 18th is good too. Friendly club

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
You won't beat 3 nights dinner, bed and breakfast in the Prince of Wales Hotel on Southport. 36 holes each day, at Lytham, Hoylake and Birkdale for £180.😁😁

The 36 a day for 3 consecutive days might give you a clue that this wasn't recent!!🤣🤣🤣🤣

Mind you in April I'm playing Barassie, Nairn and Trump Aberdeen for about £100. 😉😁

C7usk

Visit site
You won't beat 3 nights dinner, bed and breakfast in the Prince of Wales Hotel on Southport. 36 holes each day, at Lytham, Hoylake and Birkdale for £180.😁😁

The 36 a day for 3 consecutive days might give you a clue that this wasn't recent!!🤣🤣🤣🤣

Mind you in April I'm playing Barassie, Nairn and Trump Aberdeen for about £100. 😉😁
Sounds like ridiculously good value.. Hie are ya managing this? Is this booking direct with the courses.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sounds like ridiculously good value.. Hie are ya managing this? Is this booking direct with the courses.
He either has elicit pictures of senior people at each place or is playing with a member each time. Could be either one 🤔😂

I'm sure the list to be the first reserve at this price is a very competitive one. I'm calling dabs 😄

D

Deleted member 35577

He either has elicit pictures of senior people at each place or is playing with a member each time. Could be either one 🤔😂

I'm sure the list to be the first reserve at this price is a very competitive one.
Either way it's hardly relevant to guys planning and paying for a trip themselves. More of a 'look at me' type of post really.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
I messaged Sickleholme yesterday about playing there. No messing about. Return e-mail was we're booked in at the time required, on county card rate. Job done. That's how you respond!!!! Only one more to find now. Hmmmmm where to play on the way in.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Also, in the 18 or so years we've been doing this, Sickleholme is the first place we have ever played twice! It got mentioned as soon as I decided where we were going. Sort of "oooo isn't Sickleholme on the way there we could play there again".

Skytot

Visit site
Last time we played Sickleholme we all got the train from Romiley, 12 of us with our trolleys . Golf club is a 5 min walk from the station . It was funny going home 🍺

Zig

Visit site
Which layout are you playing at Carne?
Flight out Friday night, back on Sunday.
Enniscrone en route on Saturday.
Night on the pop Saturday night (St Pats weekend for good measure).
Wild Atlantic Dunes on Sunday. LFC ManYoo on the telly on Sunday afternoon.
My type of weekend!!!!! :)

D

Deleted member 35577

The WAD layout is much better than the Hackett 👍

Reactions: Zig