Golf Course Recommendations for a trip from North West England to North East Scotland

Diamond

Visit site
As the title suggests I am going to plan a trip to the North East coast of Scotland. It’s quite a jaunt so I was thinking about playing a course somewhere half way day 1 and a stopover then onto Banff & Buchan and playing a good local course Day 2 in the area followed by a hidden gem day 3 and then day 4 travel back south and play a course on the way back to the North West.

Main course requirements:
1) We are at the level of golf where £40/£50 is top end for a round however for a good quality course happy to pay double that or maybe more at least on day 2 near Aberdeen.
2) Not too difficult and nearer 6000 yards off yellows than 7000 yards.
3) 25 minute drive or less from a hotel with places to eat and drink in the evening.

I know Royal Aberdeen will be £195 and this would be a bit too pricey especially as we are looking to play 4 courses during the trip.

Thanks

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
Royal Tarlair near Banff has a cracking hole called the Clivet.
Cullen and Hopeman are very attractive too.
These should be well within your price range

abjectplop

Hacker
Visit site
Maybe too late depending on when your trip is but would recommend Fraserburgh (classic links £60), and Duff House (Alistair McKenzie parkland £70). Worth contacting both to see if they can do a slightly cheaper green fee depending on the of day.