Recommend me some wedges

abjectplop

Hacker
Visit site
I really wouldn't recommend a low bounce wedge even if you play links. I play a fair bit of links golf and use high bounce wedges. The bounce is there to help you.
I have decent hands but I find low bounce wedges have a very fine margin of error.
Go medium if you must but I'd recommended most stay clear of low bounce.
Ok, thanks.....advice noted!

Captain_Black.

Visit site
I recommend Ping Glide 4.0
Absolutely fantastic wedges in all the lofts you would wish for & 4x different grinds.
I play a 50° 12 bounce standard sole as a gap wedge & a 56° 14 bounce as a sand wedge
The 56° is absolutely brilliant out of bunkers & all round shots from 75 yards in.

As others have mentioned, I steer clear of low bounce wedges as I find them very difficult to use on anything other than very short cut & hard ground.
In those conditions just off the green, I'll either bump & run it or putt.

RichA

Visit site
As a couple of replies above, Ping Glide 3.0 and 4.0 wedges are very good - I have one of each and they're equally forgiving and reliable. GC4C have a few brand new ones in stock for about £100.
I use the 52° now for everything inside 110 yards except bunkers and putting. I'm not the greatest golfer but it's very versatile and very spinny. The 56° Eye 2 wedge is great from sand - soft and fluffy or flat and wet.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’ve just got some Mizuno t24 in the copper finish.

They are outstanding and feel Gorgeous. Better than any Vokey I’ve owned (and ive Owned plenty)

Cheaper than Volkeys as well if you shop around.

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
One of the issues I find with buying wedges is they nearly all come with a very heavy stock shaft. Hard enough to find lighter options without a custom order

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I used Cleveland wedges for many years and last year bought Mizuno S23s to go with my Mizuno irons. I prefer the Mizunos, but that may be becuase I was fitted for them and bought the Clevelands off the shelf. Both are good and worth a look along with the other options.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I used Cleveland wedges for many years and last year bought Mizuno S23s to go with my Mizuno irons. I prefer the Mizunos, but that may be becuase I was fitted for them and bought the Clevelands off the shelf. Both are good and worth a look along with the other options.
My last two games the only wedge in my bag was this Cleveland Classics 691 58° beauty.
Next lofted club was a 49° 9-iron by Forgan of St Andrews.

691 W.jpg

Cost me £2.70 eighteen months ago. I might have had it cheaper, but some other blighter bid £2.50.

Last edited:

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I'm going to give an alternative view on bounce. I swapped a 14° bounce SW and 12°bounce GW for two 8° bounces and have found it a revelation.
I tend not to take a divot even with wedges and found the high bounce was proving to be terrible for me in bunkers with my delivery.
It was a case of change technique or change bounce, and the latter was far easier!
I'm not saying previous folk were wrong in what they said, but high bounce didn't work for me.
You may want to try a couple of different options on turf if possible to see what works for you.
Edit: I've got the Ping Glide forged which I love, but it was close between them and the 3.0, so the 4.0 are likely very good too. I couldn't hit Vokeys to save my life!

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This looks like a fantastic deal though they only have 56 and 60 in stock. Will keep an eye on it to see if other lofts come back in stock but suspect they're just selling off leftovers.
At that price you could get them bent to the loft you want.
Just check the bounce will be ok when bent.