Are they still cheating ??

Boabski

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
This is been bugging me for a while , is Bryson, Bubba and Kutch still cheating while putting? Rules state the putter should not be planted against the body, I think it clearly is in these cases.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
This is been bugging me for a while , is Bryson, Bubba and Kutch still cheating while putting? Rules state the putter should not be planted against the body, I think it clearly is in these cases.
It's perfectly allowed in the rules, the end of the putter can't be fixed against the body but the other parts can touch the body, there is no way to police that stroke I'm afraid

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
i predict many posts saying its in the rules, so it OK.
Plus many saying thats as maybe but is still should be banned
Why should it be banned ? The end of the putter is not fixed, the remainder of the grip rests against the forearm. What if you have a slightly longer putter and grip down 3 inches, the top of the grip rests against the back of your wrist, same thing, should that be banned ? Absolutely nothing wrong with it

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
Why should it be banned ? The end of the putter is not fixed, the remainder of the grip rests against the forearm. What if you have a slightly longer putter and grip down 3 inches, the top of the grip rests against the back of your wrist, same thing, should that be banned ? Absolutely nothing wrong with it
i dont care either way really, its one of those things that get people wound up though

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I always disliked the broomhandle anchoring and the belly putter methods and I'm glad they were outlawed.
Kooch and Bryson fix the grip to their forearm. That means they are still swinging the club.
So it's an OK from me.
Some of the players, Langer springs to mind, seem to sail quite close to the edge when they set up.
It's been viewed and there's no issue but it's close.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The boat has sailed long ago. Long putters should have been banned when they first appeared, but now they are here to stay.

I reckon that Bryson could actually putt ok with a normal putter, but he has probably done 'tests' and the way he putts with the longer one gives him better results.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bubba? I'm sure he putts normally?

Yeah the other two use the armlock technique, but I think anchoring only covers a third anchor point, i.e. stomach or chest, not the arm.

D

Deleted member 1147

Yeah the other two use the armlock technique, but I think anchoring only covers a third anchor point, i.e. stomach or chest, not the arm.
Bubba anchors now, as well

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site

He's started putting with this method, Bryson is actually his new putting guru haha

Boabski

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
It was Bubba who sent me over the edge when he changed Orikoru.
I have since realised there is 3 touch points to be classed as anchoring, which makes sense

D

Deleted member 1147

Anchoring by any other name...

I reckon it’ll be banned eventually

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Anchoring by any other name...

I reckon it’ll be banned eventually
What's the definition of anchoring ? Why do you feel a shaft resting against a forearm is anchored, when it's clearly not attached with any force whatsoever and also the end of the grip is not fixed