Are they still cheating ??

D

Deleted member 1147

It’s held fast against the arm to prevent any movement

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Held against the forearm by what ? I don't see anything holding it against the forearm in this technique. With the belly putter it was anchored like a fulcrum pressed into the the belly button to stabilise the stroke. There's not even anything close going on here. The putter still swings freely with the arms without any other part of the body interfering. I would say Justin roses technique of pinching in his t shirt under his armpit when putting is potentially more controversial if you really want to split hairs

Wolf

Visit site
Can't see any issue with it, it's not anchored at a 3rd point and player still has to make a swing/stroke. Doesn't breech any rules either plus doesn't guarantee ball goes in the hole.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Got to be honest, I saw Bernard Langher win a tournament the other day and it showed a clip of him putting out. First thing I thought was " its anchored".

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Got to be honest, I saw Bernard Langher win a tournament the other day and it showed a clip of him putting out. First thing I thought was " its anchored".
He uses a different technique to these guys and his is certainly up for debate in terms of how close it gets, but if it's not touching it's not touching

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
When Bernard Langer used a technique similar to Bryson he actually used his right hand to hold the putter against his forearm.

This technique is not part of the anchoring ban.

D

Deleted member 1147

I don't really care what they do, or whether it's allowed, called anchoring etc.
I just think that eventually it will be outlawed. I figure that, if all of those who can't putt "normally" move to this method, and putt well (Scott, Bubba, Dcb, Simpson etc etc) the authorities will look into whether it is acceptable.

Hence why I said "anchoring by any other name...".

But maybe I'm just cynical :devilish: