Anyone still up for a North West meet?

big_russ

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Subs for 2008 were £630 so can expect around £675 for next year. The real plus point for me is that there is no joining fee. Other clubs i have been looking at are around the same subs but with a £400-500 joining fee as well.

grumpyjock

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Will see what it play's like this week as we have 36 on Wed in the Golf Tour comp.
Agree that its a bit of a sameness on some of the holes and very forgiving on some.
Thats what the game is about some good and some bland, make it enjoyable and have a laugh (you know its good for you.
Hope for good weather this week.

teetime72

Head Pro
Visit site
Russ, I agree with Doh,apart from the course,the club house is in desperate need of a re-furb,if membership is still open even with no joining fee it must tell you something.I`m looking for a new club myself and am going to try Ashton & Lea in the next couple of weeks,I`ve e-mailed them for rates but have had no reply yet,will post them when/if I get them.

big_russ

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Teetime, According to the details for Ashton & Lea on the EGU website the rates are as follows,

Membership Category
Gents Full Membership £695 + £650 (JF)
Ladies Full Membership £695 + £650 (JF)
Senior Membership (Conditions apply)£633 + £650 (JF)

and memberships are available.
I think i will have a look elsewhere, maybe Shaw Hill or Leyland as these are a bit closer to home. Just need to convince HID of the extra costs involved.