H4H Charity golf day Tandridge 23 September 2019 (Part 1)

teegirl

Head Pro
Visit site
Great 2 days and drive home much faster than Sunday!
Well oiled machine Richart and your team brilliant job...... a privalage to play these lovely courses and thank you for finding me some great company on the red tees 😊 Lovely to meet up will all the forumers amazing fund raising 👏👏

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Another stand-out meet raising a huge chunk of money for H4H!
Many thanks to Richart, Lincoln Quaker, Captainron and everybody else involved.
After each year I think, how can that be bettered?
But 12 months later after the huge effort that must go into organising H4H, it results in the highlight of the year once again.

Really enjoyed Tandridge which had some great holes on the back nine, played semi respectable on the Sunday evening game (skillfully negotiated by Pokerjoke, cheers mate!) but absolute pants on the day of H4H.
Today was at one of my favourite courses and it looked like another stinker was on the cards but a good back nine saved the day.

Liverpoolphil made an attempt to grab the limelight during the meal at Tandridge but Captainron came up from behind him and brought tears to his eyes, at least that's what it looked like from where I was sat. Good to hear you're recovering Phil and hope to see you at the next meet.

Great to see and speak to so many friends old and new and thanks to all those I played with over the three days.
Thanks also to Foxholer and Norrin Radd for the additions to my club collection, think I managed to sneak them in to the house without the good lady noticing.

Kraxx68

Head Pro
Visit site
721 miles, 13 & 1/2 hour round trip... all worth it as always to play H4H - Tandridge was a brilliant venue, great company with Staffer Neil Tappin and the ever so wonderful Mark (Bigfoot). Money raised as always incredible and truly worth the hours and miles both Dave & myself cover each year for a very worth cause, as you all do.

Hankley was just simply amazing today considering it was a monsoon an hour before tee off... Great company again with Tony (Pokerjoe) and my old mukka Dave (Khamelion), sad to see Mark Smith leave early and I'll see you next year.… Good to see so many regular faces (even if I still can't remember everyone's name after 8 years) and there was so many new face, which is great to see.

Good to hear Phil is ok and doing well.

Well done Rich/Cameron to name a few and to everyone who make these days run so smoothly :)(y)

Thoroughly look forward to seeing all of you again next year!!

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
My first H4H and will not be my last. Fantastic company in the form of Twire,Swingalot, and John Carpenter from H4H. None of us shot the lights out but I think we all showed that we could do .the course was everything I hoped it would be and the greens were delicious ,an absolute pleasure to putt on as I'm sure my compardres will testify to that I holed a few feet of putts throughout the round .
Huge thanks to all concerned to run a great days golf and glad to hear LP is recovering from being humped .
Well done to the prize winners and a special thanks to Richard and his team for making such a great day run so smoothly
The golf monthly team have to thanked for the prizes donated to the raffle,and the auction raising over 16k was unbelievable.
Really nice to put faces to names and to meet up with old friends and hopefully we can do it all again next year when I'm sure Rickg will be looking down upon us all with a smile on his face that his legacy is being continued .

Last edited:

Bigfoot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The
Many thanks to Richart, LQ, Captainron and all the others who helped making H4H and today memorable. The behind the scenes work must be considerable and is much appreciated by both us playing the golf and the H4H charity.

Thanks to Pokerjoke, Badger and 94tegsi for your enjoyable company yesterday. The greens very in great condition and scary quick from above the hole. Hit my new longest drive of 277 yards on the downhill 14th and Martin was some 60 yards ahead of me!

Today it was great to get to know Twire and Swingalot and to have another chance to play alongside Bigfoot. I was commenting at the end that I was amazed to have played the whole round with the same ball and Mark trumped me by having played two rounds at Tandridge and then Hankley Common with one ball. I don't think any of us thought that there was a hope of playing today and the staff at Hankley must be applauded for doing all they could to get us on the course and for the great condition it was in despite the rain.
I had forgotten that it had a hiatus waiting for me between the 17th and 18th on Sunday though!

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
As Stu wrote above, it's been a good ole trek this year, dunno what was up with the traffic but from and to home took an hour, hour and half longer than previous years, still we came, we played and we saw our old friends and made a couple of new ones, which is always the best part of these forum events.

Thankyou to all the organisers for setting this up, its a part of the year I look forward to.

Thank you to my playing partners, Rob, Stu and Richard, Football conversation was kept to a minimum, possibly because Richard is bigger than Stu, well taller anyway:) Rob, Tandrige is a fantastic course, but next time, get the green keepers to remove the cling film from the holes.

Cheers

D

Deleted member 17920

Well wow what another fantastic H4H event.

Started on Sunday by Playing Brocket Hall Palmeston course, really enjoyed it and a lot of variety in the holes.

Then onto Monday for the H4H proper day.

Well didn't we do well with the weather :) great day for the charity again as you all raised so much so big (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

The work that @richart and his boss Vicki do really does go unnoticed as the work it takes to do these days is incredible (y) the volunteers that do the desk you are brilliant (y)

Well done to @Captainron on the 3 and 4 balls as that raised a huge amount again this year.

Oh and a big well done to @Liverpoolphil for trying to steal the limelight again and for getting out of the auction...…… Cant believe you wasted that food tho!

As for the course the greens for the time of year were superb, the course itself is really interesting and a good variety of holes.

Then onto Hankley for the 2nd H4H day, and again given the weather we did get really lucky :) it could have been so much worse, again the £20 comp and raffle fee really helped boost the charity donation so thanks to everyone again for that.

Really big thanks to those that had to suffer me for 3 days, I learnt that you can start swearing in Swedish then follow it up in English without a pause, interesting that Jakob can nearly give Cameron a swear off. Jakob will be Cat 1 by this time next year and then would have been playing with the 2 Martins at Hankley but Homer bailed on me when he realised and left me with Martin 94tegsi 13 my arse! He hits driver after driver so well. once he gets a short game don't play him for money.

All in all a mega trip and well done for all sticking your hand in and raising so much but again a massive thanks to @richart for doing this and carrying on what he and Rick started all them years ago (y)

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Had a couple of days to get my head back together after Hankley where I had a bit of a meltdown and didn't finish...more on this later!
Huge thanks to Rich and Vicky, Cam and Glyn and the multitude of other helpers that make these days what they are - the highlight of the Forum year.
Tandridge was just wonderful. A sheer pleasure from start to finish. Mike, Chris and Laurie were 1st class companions.
If my iron play had been a tad the right side of bloody awful I may have scored better but it was still fun.
Afters - well it certainly filled a gap ( he says with an ironic wink and a nudge towards Phil - don't think we're going to forget this for a while)
On to Aldershot and the Purple Palace, some beers with the lads and off to bed but not to sleep...my room overlooked the back door to the local Tesco and they had lorries coming and going every hour. A poor sleeper at the best of times these days, I'm lucky if I saw 2 hours kip which, when you're day started at 3am isn't a good thing.
So, on to Hankley. Boy did it rain. This became the first part of my personal issues..
An enforced 2 hour delay did nothing for my demeanor and the frustrations just began to build.
Eventually we got the go ahead but it was a rush to get signed in and off to the tee. Had to drive there and when I arrived someone pointed out a piece of the front balance on the car was hanging down - must have hit a deep puddle too hard...more frustration to add to the list.
Got to the tee just as the shotgun sounded so, again, I rushed a little and topped my tee shot into the heather
It took 2 more shots to just find the fairway at which point I was starting to boil and to cap it all the next shot went 45° right into more heather
4 more trips to the heather and I could feel myself starting to lose it.
I missed the 16th green by 40 yards ( more heather) and then hooked one deep into it on 17.
I'd had enough. For the first time I can remember I didn't want to be on a golf course.
I made my excuses, Old Skier, Foxy and Ron were very understanding, and made for the car.
Loaded up the gear and then just say for 10 minutes trying to calm down but it wasn't going to work.
Went home.

I'm more disappointed with myself for not stopping to say goodbye to people but I really just had to get away
The lack of sleep played a big part in it and the rain, waiting and rushing played their part too.

Sorry for the extensive venting but I feel it's important for me to do it.
I've never felt like that before and actually felt a bit scared on the way home.
But I made it, chilled out for a while and got on with things.
I'm glad Hankley turned out to be a good day, disappointed I couldn't be part of it but I think I did the right thing.

The bad news?
I'll be back next time, hopefully with my head on the right way round.
Thanks for listening

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Had a couple of days to get my head back together after Hankley where I had a bit of a meltdown and didn't finish...more on this later!
Huge thanks to Rich and Vicky, Cam and Glyn and the multitude of other helpers that make these days what they are - the highlight of the Forum year.
Tandridge was just wonderful. A sheer pleasure from start to finish. Mike, Chris and Laurie were 1st class companions.
If my iron play had been a tad the right side of bloody awful I may have scored better but it was still fun.
Afters - well it certainly filled a gap ( he says with an ironic wink and a nudge towards Phil - don't think we're going to forget this for a while)
On to Aldershot and the Purple Palace, some beers with the lads and off to bed but not to sleep...my room overlooked the back door to the local Tesco and they had lorries coming and going every hour. A poor sleeper at the best of times these days, I'm lucky if I saw 2 hours kip which, when you're day started at 3am isn't a good thing.
So, on to Hankley. Boy did it rain. This became the first part of my personal issues..
An enforced 2 hour delay did nothing for my demeanor and the frustrations just began to build.
Eventually we got the go ahead but it was a rush to get signed in and off to the tee. Had to drive there and when I arrived someone pointed out a piece of the front balance on the car was hanging down - must have hit a deep puddle too hard...more frustration to add to the list.
Got to the tee just as the shotgun sounded so, again, I rushed a little and topped my tee shot into the heather
It took 2 more shots to just find the fairway at which point I was starting to boil and to cap it all the next shot went 45° right into more heather
I missed the 16th green by 40 yards ( more heather) and then hooked one deep into it on 17.
I'd had enough. For the first time I can remember I didn't want to be on a golf course.
I made my excuses, Old Skier, Foxy and Ron were very understanding, and made for the car.
Loaded up the gear and then just say for 10 minutes trying to calm down but it wasn't going to work.
Went home.

I'm more disappointed with myself for not stopping to say goodbye to people but I really just had to get away
The lack of sleep played a big part in it and the rain, waiting and rushing played their part too.

I've never felt like that before and actually felt a bit scared on the way home.
I'm glad Hankley turned out to be a good day, disappointed I couldn't be part of it but I think I did the right thing.

The bad news?
Thanks for listening
@Imug on the positive side, I have your ball :cool::cool::cool: hope we get together in the future for a bat around some nice real estate.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Went home.

The bad news?
Thanks for listening
That explains a lot! Sorry to see you leave, but thoroughly understandable!

Have to add my thanks to Richard/t, LQ and all others who made those 2 days such a pleasure - even with getting soaked (and losing my phone!) on the way to Hankley. Huge thanks to Crow for keeping my clubs overnight, otherwise I'd have likely wimped out of Hankley! Tandridge is now right up there as a 'favourite' course and, to me, a Colt gem, particularly the fabulous greens - the quickest I've played for some years!

Great to see how much money was raised for a fabulous cause! Roll on next year!

Oh and hearty thanks to staff at both courses - particularly thanks to Greenies @ Hankley for their efforts making the course playable!

D

Deleted member 21258

Many thanks for a couple of cracking days, didn't play well but enjoyed the golf. The tandridge pudding was good.(y)

Thought MC Cameron was a natural on the mic at Hankley. Very good.

Great fundraising effort.