Anyone still up for a North West meet?

big_russ

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
As long as it's after 9th August you can count me in. The boss at work is on holiday until then and i can't take any time off 'til he gets back.
I would rather package 2 as we are not all spring lambs and i think it would be better to enjoy one full round than struggle to play 12 then 18.

forefortheday

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Don't worry about being inconsistent Hartley I am regularly all over the show!

Spent 3 years hacking out the right hand side and now it's the left hand side, happy days!

(Oh and I still haven't broken 100)

evita4

Head Pro
Visit site
OK guys, I am looking at Wednesday 27 August. Teeing off at about 11.20. Can everyone who is interseted please let me know if this date is suitable. Looking at Bacon Roll and coffee on arrival and soup and sandwiches after the golf. I have been quoted £37 per person by the first course. Need to check the other 2 for availability before I book.

evita4

Head Pro
Visit site
As we appear to have lost some posts off this thread I will reconfirm the arrangements.

Wednesday 27 August at Fishwick Hall Golf Club. First tee time is 10:45. Bacon sarnies on arrival followed by soup and sandwiches on completion of the golf. Total cost of the day is £24 per person.

Confirmed attendees so far are:
Forefortheday
Gjbike
Teetime72
Doh
Hartleyhare
Evita4.

Vig and TonyN are getting back to me in the next couple of days. If anyone else fancies joining us please let me know.

I have just received information from the club to confirm the booking. I am quite happy to pay the £5 per person deposit to make things easier. Please reimburse me on the day.

HartleyHare

Assistant Pro
Visit site
just to confirm my confirmation,i'm a definite.
squared with the boss and booked off from work.
looking forward to it!!

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yes Count me in.

If you need any cash sending for the deposit just let me know.

Looking forward to it and shall await the final details!

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm in. I have sorted out my cover at work so all systems go.
I would have replied yesterday but couldn't get on the site.

Incidently if anyone wants to play from east of the peninnes but has transport issues, I am more than happy to take a passenger, (company for the ride). Or if anyone is close to the M62, I don't mind a short detour.

As long as you don't mind sharing the journey with a pshycopath :D

evita4

Head Pro
Visit site
OK now we have at least 8 I will go ahead and confirm the booking and pay the deposits. I have chosen this course for its proximity to the M6 J31. It is literally 5 mins off the junction, turn left towards Preston and it is signposted on the left at the top of the hill.
I have no experience of organising these days so any suggestions for format of the golf would be appreciated. I had thought of blind pairs for the scoring by drawing names and not revealing who was paired with whom until the completion of the rounds. Does this seem reasonable to everyone?

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
how about pairs, lowest combined scores, balls in the air for partners and pairings.
Not sure how balls in the air works like but i know this is how the seniors do it.

forefortheday

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I've said to Evita and I'll make the offer on here that I'll happily pay for my share if it means everyone else missing out due to my lack of understanding of our holiday rota!

evita4

Head Pro
Visit site
Vig, according to the clubs website they have a "small practice area" I will ring them tomorrow as I think it may just be a chipping area.

We have 7 from the forum but a friend of mine will be joining us to take us up to 8. Unfortunately, no one from your side has shown an interest in this event.

The first tee time is 10:45 so to have a meet and greet, a coffee and bacon roll and a warm up I would suggest meeting at the course at 09:45. I will be looking to be there from 09:30

The address for the club is
FISHWICK HALL GOLF CLUB LTD
GLENLUCE DRIVE
FARRINGDON PARK
PRESTON
LANCASHIRE
PR1 5TD
http://www.fishwickhallgolfclub.co.uk/