Anyone still up for a North West meet?

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi Guys

Dont know about the format for the day suggest a single stableford. But might be an idea to mix handicaps about eg not all high's or low's playing together this might happen if we throw the balls up.can we have an idea of H/Ps now might save time on the day.and i'm happy to mix the groups as i dont know anyone.
i'm off 9

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
I know I am gonna be a pain in the back side but I dont have an Official Handicap. I hate to admit but its probably now at about 18ish up from 15ish 8 weeks ago. Suggestions please on what people would be happy to give me. If you want confirmation of my game, Realgolferuk aka Dave is the man!

HartleyHare

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I know I am gonna be a pain in the back side but I dont have an Official Handicap. I hate to admit but its probably now at about 18ish up from 15ish 8 weeks ago. Suggestions please on what people would be happy to give me. If you want confirmation of my game, Realgolferuk aka Dave is the man!

I'll happily let you play off 5, (bandito me thinks!!!! :))
I'm still waiting to get my 3rd round in for my handicap but it's gonna be 28.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Haha 5, thats very kind of you but I am no where near single figures. Not even low teens at the moment, just not playing enough!

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
I suggest you play off what you're comfortable with Tony.

Personally i'm not taking it too seriously as after a 2 hr drive i'm likely to be as stiff as a stiff thing.
If I start to take it seriously then it will spoil it for me as I am very competitive by nature.
I just want to enjoy the surroundings, new course and company but not necessarily in that order.
shoulder sore (getting excuses in early) which is impeding my follow through. But give me 13, official 22, not competed to reduce it in 12 months but tracker shows 13.8.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
I would be happy off 28 the way I have just played haha.

I suppose we can just sort it on the day!

teetime72

Head Pro
Visit site
My self service H/c (not official)worked out over the last few cards is 22,or to be more accurate 22.6,but !`m with Vig on this one, while being competitive let`s not be TOO serious,let`s enjoy the company and have a good day.

way I`ve played today H/C should be 28+. :(

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well if its only half as bad as yesterdays rain i'll be happy!

My driver slipped in my grip twice yesterday because if the rain.

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanx for a very enjoyable, if wet day.
Home in 73 mins, no jams :D

Must do it again with a few more Forumers and hopefully better conditions.

I'm happy to host if anyone interested

teetime72

Head Pro
Visit site
73 mins.you were lucky,yes,conditions were not all that good but they matched my golf,it was one of those days when nothing seems to go right and I appologize to my playing partners for not giving them the best game possible.To sum my day up,good company,cr** golf.

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks for the company Guys nice to meet you all, no need to say sorry for the golf we are not professionals.

Dave, would love to get across to your place for another meet.

Andy, thanks for organising the day

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Cheers for a great day everyone. The course played long and tough. The rough was unforgivable at times.

Great to put some more faces to the names but now I'm confused, I learnt your real names and now we are back to AKA's I dont know who you all are, except for Andy.

Defo have to go play again.

Sorry there are no pictures guys, it just wasn't the best of days for it. We do have one I am going to email to MikeH for the mag!

Cheers again.

HartleyHare

Assistant Pro
Visit site
it was a good day, definitely up for another one soon, as soon as a venue and date are decided.

i put a few (user)names to faces. Teetime(Sid), yourself, me(Dave) and Evita4(Andy) were in our group Tony.

out of the other 4 there was only Vig that stuck in my head.

big_russ

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Good to see that you all had an enjoyable day even though the weather was against you. I was realy miffed that i was unable to join you but maybe next time.

My big question to all of you is what are your opinions on the quality of Fishwick Hall GC. I am asking as this is one of my choices of club for joining next year and the views of a group of gents new to the club would be appreciated.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
To be perfectly honest I have been to alot better clubs.

Dont really want to pass comment on the course condition cause it was really wet and soggy, and I imagine everywhere else would have been the same.

Facilities where ok, staff friendly enough (apart from the barman, who looked as if he was on community service for smashing up a hotel room and chucking a tele out of the window)

Layout of the course was good, some decent holes, some dull but a good finish was nice.

All in all, the company made it a great day out even the typical english weather couldn't spoil.

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
I echo Tony's thoughts on the club. Really hard to pass a true comment because the greens really were like sponges, if you/I stood in one place fot any length of time I was sinking. No run on fairways AT ALL!. Nice views, A lot of holes were "samey". Really poor shots had a "get out" on adjoining fairways. and some pikey walking his dog on the course and even ventured across a green when the first group were looking to play to it.
I have played better courses, not sure what the subs are.

As for the barman. I think he must have had dental treatment and didn't want to bust his stitches. We would call him a miserable ba$t@rd in Yorkshire.