Anyone still up for a North West meet?

evita4

Head Pro
Visit site
Following from MWJ and his band of Soutern shandy swillers ;) arranging a meet in Gillingham, I think it is time for the North West meet to gather some pace again. We seem to have a few new forum members in this area so it would be a nice idea to put some faces to user names. Myself and forefortheday are playing pretty regularly and would like to see who else would be interested in joining us. I am willing to organise it when we know who would be interested. These 3 courses are local to me in Preston and so are put forward for consideration. Not looked into it but am fairly sure society rates could be arranged depending on numbers.

http://www.fishwickhallgolfclub.co.uk/
http://www.ashtonleagolfclub.co.uk/
http://www.crgcc.co.uk/

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'd be keen.....though it's getting a bit central by the looks of it.

I've got to say....(just for fun, no offence intended!)....it looks like someone's built a massive golf green at the back of my daughter's junior school!!

ch2.jpg

evita4

Head Pro
Visit site
I'd be keen.....though it's getting a bit central by the looks of it.

I've got to say....(just for fun, no offence intended!)....it looks like someone's built a massive golf green at the back of my daughter's junior school!!

ch2.jpg

PMSL, you are right. This particular cpurse has been subjected to a modernist architect for the club house

big_russ

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Evita
Count me in if the date fits. I have 2 week hols booked mid August if we can get in somewhere then.I can't make any weekend until 9th August.
I used to be a junior at Fishwick so i can thoroughly
recommend it even though it has been changed around over the years.
Another course to recommend is Standish Court. It is only a short course but dont let this put you off as it is a good challenge.
Arrange a definate date and i can then confirm yes or no.

www.standishgolf.co.uk/

chipsandegg

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi Evita
Id e up for a knock if it fell on my days off from work if thats ok? I live over in Halifax but wouldnt mind a ride over for a game :)
Andy

evita4

Head Pro
Visit site
I would hopefully be looking at playing sometime in the latter part of August. Initially we need at least 8 people and then we can decide if we wanted to play 9 in the morning and then 18 in the afternoon with bacon rolls and evening meal thrown in for around £35 - £40. Or if you would prefer just a round of golf we would be looking in the region of £25.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Absolutly,am in, with enough notice!

Please dont make it 31st of august though because i have a charity event.

This gonna be a weekend or weekday? Mon tues or wed would be great but what ever best for everyone.

I vote for the full days golf, 9 then 18!

evita4

Head Pro
Visit site
I am looking at making this a midweek event. Need at least 8 for a society rate. So come on guys lets get those names down.

Interested so far:
Big_Russ
Chipsandegg
Forefortheday
Gjbike
Teetime72
TonyN
Evita4
Just one firm comittment needed to make up our 8.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
If it's midweek.....I could well be twisted.....I'd hate the drive, but I'd be keen to meet the infamous forumers.
Have you decided on a venue?

HartleyHare

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I could well be up for this, dependant on the date.
bit dubious though because i'm not exactly Mr consitent yet and i wouldn't want to spoil anyones round while i'm swinging from one side of the fairway to the other!!!!!
:D