Harrogate Meet

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
As per 2blue......

In terms of time, earliest is 3.12 tee off on Saturday, minimum 4 hours around Rudding, drive back to Harrogate, check in, get changed etc. 8.30 ish I reckon. How does the maths sound to you?
Sounds ok. I take it there will be no pint after the round?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sounds ok. I take it there will be no pint after the round?
Up to people but it maybe better to miss that and have it in Harrogate. It will be pushing it time wise, people will be driving and Rudding is also pretty expensive so no great loss imo. No lack of pubs in Harrogate, as you know ??. Up to everyone though ?‍♂️. Just adjust the restaurant booking time accordingly.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Cards on the table - do we think this is going to happen?

No sign of Russ on here for a couple of months. I know LT has tried to contact him this week, but without success.

Hopefully it will go ahead, but I have to be honest and say I don't have the warmest of feelings about it.

I don't know if it's a good idea to try to put together a Plan B?

Would welcome folks' thoughts.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

No sign of Russ on here for a couple of months. I know LT has tried to contact him this week, but without success.

Hopefully it will go ahead, but I have to be honest and say I don't have the warmest of feelings about it.

Yeah, I get your feeling as I can see he hasn't played a Q round at Pannal since 21st May..... most strange but then all sorts of things happen in life. Here's hoping he's OK.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

On the 'Plan B' front, there are Sun tee times at my place from 10.37 costing £40 a man :eek: £20 for a guest that can be shared across the costs. It should be possible to get Rudding on a Sat pm but you'd have to chase up the costs for that..... doubt it will be much different from Wike, so will be more than that proposed by Russ.

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
On the 'Plan B' front, there are Sun tee times at my place from 10.37 costing £40 a man :eek: £20 for a guest that can be shared across the costs. It should be possible to get Rudding on a Sat pm but you'd have to chase up the costs for that..... doubt it will be much different from Wike, so will be more than that proposed by Russ.

That's the face I'm making at different course prices these days too, but that's another thread :LOL:

For the guys that are traveling/staying over, would it be best to say by a certain date decide what to do so everyone can decide what the best option is? I'm 40 minutes away and only playing Sunday so alternate/cancel doesn't really affect me. Just a thought.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I need to make a decision either way by this Tuesday. That's when booking for the Saturday comp on the 10th opens at our place, and it will fill quickly. I don't want to be left without a game, so unless we hear from Russ or have a viable Plan B by then, I'll be reluctantly pulling out.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hi folks. As we have been unable to confirm this is going to go ahead both @rudebhoy and myself are going to withdraw. We are doing it now both to allow cancellation of our accommodation within the restrictions and also to meet deadlines for booking at our club on that same weekend.

It's up to others to make their own decision. Hopefully those left can make something work.

slowhand

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm happy to sign some guests in as well, if our place is what we go for.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well, this is really disappointing. I was really looking forward to this. And it's taking me ages to type this as I'm a bottle of wine into the weekend. Looking at the responses so far I'm going to pull out. But I'm NOT HAPPY !.
I'll look at organizing something next year as I'm sick to death of seeing all meets in the south. I could even open up the lads week end to Leeds next year? Would anyone be up for that?

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
My current thinking is..... Pemier inn In Leeds Whitehall st Sun / Mon. Wait for price to be about 60 notes for two days. Then golf. Usually one on way one there one on way back, but can alter to suit. Three as close as i can get to Leeds centre. Two will be ok one will be, well....I was thinking Moortown for expensive one, being Monday we could maybe get it for 50?