North west summer OOM 2014

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
With peoples calendars filling up for 2014 I think its time to start getting plans in place for next years summer oom. I think most know where they are playing now so we should be able to get a few things moving.

Looking at peoples comments ive come up with following details :-

7/8ths handicap

Best 3 scores from 4 regular rounds

Final at a neutral venue in September (Thinking north west so as per last time people can play their final before the big day if need be)

Each regular round is to be a day out at a members course with the majority of competitors playing that day.

Each captain can offer 2 or 3 dates max either side of the meet for those who cant make the day. No captain will be expected to go out of their way to fit anybody in but there will be some flexibility where possible.

No practice rounds I.E if you set a date to go and play your card at a course that's the day it gets played if the course is open. You can go play a practice round off your own back etc.

We need volunteers for a president to organise the final presentation and prizes. I can collect the money no problem and pass it onto the president at the right time etc if they wish. The president will also be involved in the overseeing of the whole comp in conjunction with course captains.

Can I have any comments & people offering up their courses post below and I will set up the vote for the courses. Also players wanting to play just post below.

Birchy - Bolton
Huds1475 - Davyhulme
Liverbirdie - Lee park
Qwerty - Bolton
LouiseA - Ellesmere
Valentino

Last edited:

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don't have a home course, I'm not from the North West and don't have an official handicap - can I play please>> LOL

I'd be happy to play when and wherever really, if thats allowed Birchy

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I don't have a home course, I'm not from the North West and don't have an official handicap - can I play please>> LOL

I'd be happy to play when and wherever really, if thats allowed Birchy

More than welcome mate. The north west is just where its being played. You don't need to have any other links to area apart from that :D

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Birchy - Bolton
Huds1475 - Davyhulme
Liverbirdie - Lee park
Qwerty - Bolton
LouiseA - Ellesmere
Valentino
Junior - Lymm
NWJocko - Fairhaven (possibly)
Odvan