Anybody else entered the Nike Matchplay comps????

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Just got back to my email for the pairs and singles, I'm away at Nuneaton (Andy Sullivan's club) for my singles and giving shots away but I'm at home for my pairs match and giving shots away again, I'm not used to all this giving of shots away, not sure I like it :smirk:

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Just got back to my email for the pairs and singles, I'm away at Nuneaton (Andy Sullivan's club) for my singles and giving shots away but I'm at home for my pairs match and giving shots away again, I'm not used to all this giving of shots away, not sure I like it :smirk:

It messes with your brain when your used to getting. I gave a boy 7 shots when I was off 15, hard going

Oxfordcomma

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I'm away to a guy at Calcot Park, only two shots in it (in my favour) so hopefully a good close match. I've played there a couple of times in club matches so hopefully no surprises to increase his home advantage.

mashleyR7

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've not entered the Nike but have entered the southern matchplay and the Titlesit Matchplay.

Titlesit I'm away at East Sussex National getting 5 shots!
The Southern Matchplay is a two legged 1st round, home first leg, then away at Littlestone in the 2nd leg, getting 3 shots from the chap too.

Looking forward to it :)

Oxfordcomma

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
The Titleist is the same comp as the Nike last year, just rebranded. Although the email I got tonight from my opponent was titled "Volvo Matchplay" :D

D

Deleted member 17920

The Titleist is the same comp as the Nike last year, just rebranded. Although the email I got tonight from my opponent was titled "Volvo Matchplay" :D
Isn't the Titleist one run by eagt and that was the Volvo match play a few years ago?

Oxfordcomma

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Well, that's me done in the Titleist Matchplay, after just one match this year. What a great match though, thoroughly enjoyable. Away at Calcot Park, which is a track I've played before, and my opponent giving me just 2 shots. I do like matchplay when the handicaps are very close like that, both playing off scratch effectively.

Never more than a hole in it for the first 7 but then I had a mini-blow-up and was 3 down after 10. Got them all back, plus 1 more, and was 1 up going down 18. Had to hack out of a rubbish lie in deep rough but then played my iron shot of the day to put my 3rd within 10 feet, he only went and put his 3rd inside a foot. Back up the first then ... and the second ... and the third ... and the fourth. Then he chipped in from off the green for a birdie 2 on that hole, our 22nd! Don't think I've ever played 22 before, think we had about 2 more holes of light left before we would have had to call it for the day.

Not ideal to be out of the comp right at the start but I suppose I've had a round at a decent track for the cost of the entry, so no real loss.

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Me and Birchy play our first round on Monday night.

Luck was with us as the game had to get switched to our home course after our oppo's course had been closed due to the monsoons we've had.

Slow start from Birchy and I, found ourselves 2 down after a few holes but soon levelled it around the turn. Extremely tight from there, managed to get 1 up on the 16th, I missed a birdie putt to finish it on 17 but Birchy stepped up to sink a par on the last from 10ft without me having to attempt to stab two putts from 12ft to win.

Great lads to play against as well although these 2 handicappers don't half get stroppy when they hit a couple of bad uns :D

Ads749r

Head Pro
Visit site
Well, that's me done in the Titleist Matchplay, after just one match this year. What a great match though, thoroughly enjoyable. Away at Calcot Park, which is a track I've played before, and my opponent giving me just 2 shots. I do like matchplay when the handicaps are very close like that, both playing off scratch effectively.

Never more than a hole in it for the first 7 but then I had a mini-blow-up and was 3 down after 10. Got them all back, plus 1 more, and was 1 up going down 18. Had to hack out of a rubbish lie in deep rough but then played my iron shot of the day to put my 3rd within 10 feet, he only went and put his 3rd inside a foot. Back up the first then ... and the second ... and the third ... and the fourth. Then he chipped in from off the green for a birdie 2 on that hole, our 22nd! Don't think I've ever played 22 before, think we had about 2 more holes of light left before we would have had to call it for the day.

Not ideal to be out of the comp right at the start but I suppose I've had a round at a decent track for the cost of the entry, so no real loss.

Sounds like a fantastic match, would of loved to off played it. Gutted that though unlucky for you.

Me and fripnchips have our WIN on the 3rd of July at home against a couple of chaps from mill ride. #destroyed #anotherwin #ihope

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
The draw is up for this years event, I am in the same group as Karl Cole, but we both need to get to the final of the group to meet. I have a 24 handicapper in the first round, going to be giving a lot of shots.