Achilles tendinitis

HPIMG

Visit site
Do you have any sort of food allergies as that can be the source of the problem. I know someone who cannot take Naproxen for the same reason.
No not that I’m aware of but I’ve never went for a allergy test.
I had to do a dump run this morning so put my trainers on and omg my heel started pulsating like mad. It was painful to get the trainer off but the relief when I took the trainer off. So put my flip flops on and was much better and did the dump run but am a bit worried how wearing a trainer can cause so much discomfort.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I had to do a dump run this morning so put my trainers on and omg my heel started pulsating like mad. It was painful to get the trainer off but the relief when I took the trainer off. So put my flip flops on and was much better and did the dump run but am a bit worried how wearing a trainer can cause so much discomfort.

Sorry to here that. Mine can get so bad that I have to resort to using crutches

Remembering all the exercises my physio gave me and other sources this is one of the best videos I have seen

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site

Read up on Haglunds Deformity. If you have the bony prominence on your heel then any compressive pressure will aggravate if the area is already inflamed. Most trainers have a hard heel cup. I've spent a heap on those without a heel counter and also cut out heel counters/back of trainers for comfort.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Oh and currently wear Hoka Recovery slides around the house. Barefoot (inc flip flops) can be an issue as a heel raise takes some pressure of the achilles.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
i have had it for past 3 years. The main right ankle is maybe sligtly better tha a year ago when i had a lot of treatment but left now just as bad. My physio said it is not callled tendinitis but tendanopothy, whatever that means. I did the execrcises and had a couple of months of shockwave treatment - that was v painful but felt good when finished. It did not work. I had an MRI and u could see the triangle shape on the tendan. The surgeon wanted to do an injection of either saline or your own blood plasma - success rate similar but not a fan of needles i left it be to see if it would heal. It has not and every time you get up to walk you have to go through the stretch and pain barrier for a bit and then it is ok and you can walk normally albeit you know it is there. Still hoping it will fade naturally as the injections are the only option now. Voltorol and ibuprofen gel had no impact at all

HPIMG

Visit site
This morning is the first day I can actually walk normal lol can still feel slight pain when I press in but going to put trainers on today and go to the practice range to do some half shots. Hopefully I can walk tomorrow. That’s been a full week it’s lasted.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Read up on Haglunds Deformity. If you have the bony prominence on your heel then any compressive pressure will aggravate if the area is already inflamed. Most trainers have a hard heel cup. I've spent a heap on those without a heel counter and also cut out heel counters/back of trainers for comfort.
after reading up on Haglunds, it's most likely that's what i've got as i've got a hard lump on my achilies

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
after reading up on Haglunds, it's most likely that's what i've got as i've got a hard lump on my achilies

It's a pain - literally. Won't go away asit's a bony prominence. Having a gait analysis in a couple of weeks and go from there. Physio has given some exercises to try to strengthen my most affected side as there is an inbalance but she doesn't really have any "cure". Gait guy might suggest some orthotics but after that it's ortho and surgery. As the rehab time is about 6 months I'm very reluctant to go that route and will try to manage it as best I can. Tennis is doable (albeit compromised) as lateral movement and bouncing on toes is much better than regular heel/toe motion running. If I chase a short ball it can really flare up. I think hockey is going to be a no-go which is a shame but not worth compromising everything else after a game plus I'd be irritated by my lack of speed (such as it is).

LizAig

Visit site
Not sure it’s the same but I get a lot of heel pain. It was initially both feet but now just my left heel. When walking a while my heel aches and sometimes get a stinging in a couple of places in the heel. It’s quite tender when I get up in the morning. Is this similar to what you’re getting or anyone else had the same?
Sounds very like Plantar fasciitis! I’ve recently started with this - at first it was a niggle but the pain and heat has intensified and lasted longer each time until this week it took over 24 hrs to go. Rang my podiatrist who said it’s now often being called Golfer’s Heel!! She advised better insoles in my golfing shoes (and dog walking boots). I’ve bought some new insoles off Amazon which said for PF - the ones in my walking boots seem to have made a difference this week so fingers crossed the ones for my golf shoes will work equally well tomorrow.

Redtraveller

Club Champion
Visit site
Sounds very like Plantar fasciitis! I’ve recently started with this - at first it was a niggle but the pain and heat has intensified and lasted longer each time until this week it took over 24 hrs to go. Rang my podiatrist who said it’s now often being called Golfer’s Heel!! She advised better insoles in my golfing shoes (and dog walking boots). I’ve bought some new insoles off Amazon which said for PF - the ones in my walking boots seem to have made a difference this week so fingers crossed the ones for my golf shoes will work equally well tomorrow.
Thanks for this. I’m very similar it sounds as I do a lot of dog walking as well as playing golf. I bought some insoles off Amazon but don’t think I’ve had any real benefit so may look for some better ones

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks for this. I’m very similar it sounds as I do a lot of dog walking as well as playing golf. I bought some insoles off Amazon but don’t think I’ve had any real benefit so may look for some better ones
The first thing you should do is see a podiatrist for a proper diagnosis.
spending money on insoles and stuff you might not need.
at least when you know what is wrong you can rehab on a correct path.
There are other foot problems that present the same pain as PF.

Best money you will spend take my word for it!