Anybody else entered the Nike Matchplay comps????

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Thats me done and dusted about 2 hours after it started lol.

Played as bad as I think I have played in the last 25 years, just utterly horrific. Hit several shots I didnt think even I possessed lol. Lost 5&4 i think, it could have been far worse too haha.

Sad not to get through to meet AAC in the next round :(

mashleyR7

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I know this is about the Nike..but I read this today on facebook from Golfcare Matchplay. Wonder what they mean?

We’re currently in the process of contract negotiations with our key partners and we hope to be announcing some exciting news.

It’s likely that the event schedule will be slightly different to recent years. So the entry period, qualifying rounds, Regional Finals and the Grand Final will likely be at different times.

Rest assured, as soon as we have finalised all plans we’ll be in-touch.

Kindest Regards,

The Matchplay Team

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thats me done and dusted about 2 hours after it started lol.

Played as bad as I think I have played in the last 25 years, just utterly horrific. Hit several shots I didnt think even I possessed lol. Lost 5&4 i think, it could have been far worse too haha.

Sad not to get through to meet AAC in the next round :(

Tough luck Steve, I know how it feels to play a real stinker in a match, I too was looking forward to our game.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Play well mate,

Cheers Baz.
Like I've mentioned, Nizels isn't one of my favourite tracks, but my mate was down there earlier in the week and said it is in superb condition.
Weather is fantastic this morning, not a hint of a breeze so there are no excuses really.
I'll do my best, that's all I can do really!
Left myself plenty of time to warm up.
Go the long way and have the heater flat out in the car
;)

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Cheers Baz.
Like I've mentioned, Nizels isn't one of my favourite tracks, but my mate was down there earlier in the week and said it is in superb condition.
Weather is fantastic this morning, not a hint of a breeze so there are no excuses really.
I'll do my best, that's all I can do really!
Left myself plenty of time to warm up.
Go the long way and have the heater flat out in the car
;)

I predict a 3 & 2 win...

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
I wasn't aware of the Nike matchplay before reading about it on here so I've had a wee look at the website and their rule 16 caught my eye....

16. When matches are mixed, ladies will receive their shots in accordance with the men's stroke index.

It seems that ladies receive shots but don't give them - I like this idea! :whoo:

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I wasn't aware of the Nike matchplay before reading about it on here so I've had a wee look at the website and their rule 16 caught my eye....

It seems that ladies receive shots but don't give them - I like this idea! :whoo:

haha FD, Id love to see you try and enforce that against a male 20 handicapper :)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Having real issues with our opposition mucking us about. We had it booked for this morning, very early as they requested, and then Thursday night they cancelled. We offered next Sunday and they can't. We can't do evenings as I commute and Ads749r works funny hours. Not sure we can get it in before the deadline. Any suggestions and how do we resolve this?

mashleyR7

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
How are they communicating? If b text or email then keep them as proof that it's not you messing them about. If it's by phone it'll be your word against there's which will be harder to prove you made the most effort to get it played.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Having real issues with our opposition mucking us about. We had it booked for this morning, very early as they requested, and then Thursday night they cancelled. We offered next Sunday and they can't. We can't do evenings as I commute and Ads749r works funny hours. Not sure we can get it in before the deadline. Any suggestions and how do we resolve this?

You can try emailing the organisers but unsure they will be willing to get involved too soon.