Another incident in London

• Thread starter Deleted member 1740
  • Start date

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Again it's all attempting to downplay the incident

Right from the start people started suggesting it wasn't terrorism

Then there was the "devils advocate" - what if he lost his family in the Manchester bombing etc

he ploughed his van into people and it targeted those people because of their race and religion , it was only by sheer luck only one person died

I would say that if the driver was a Muslim and he had driven into a crowd of Church goers on a Sunday then the reaction on here and on social media would be exactly the same as the reaction to Manchester and London Bridge - the same calls for deportation and death penalty or dropping onto an isolated island etc would be posted - but because in this case it's a white Christian terrorist targeting Muslims then the reaction is almost one of denial and ignorance - it will be called an incident and a case of attempted murder and attempts to move it away from the terrorist incident that it was.
Would love to discuss this but it would put me over my quota.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Last edited:

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Again it's all attempting to downplay the incident

Right from the start people started suggesting it wasn't terrorism

Then there was the "devils advocate" - what if he lost his family in the Manchester bombing etc

he ploughed his van into people and it targeted those people because of their race and religion , it was only by sheer luck only one person died

I would say that if the driver was a Muslim and he had driven into a crowd of Church goers on a Sunday then the reaction on here and on social media would be exactly the same as the reaction to Manchester and London Bridge - the same calls for deportation and death penalty or dropping onto an isolated island etc would be posted - but because in this case it's a white Christian terrorist targeting Muslims then the reaction is almost one of denial and ignorance - it will be called an incident and a case of attempted murder and attempts to move it away from the terrorist incident that it was.

Of course there would have been a bigger reaction if he had been Muslim.

There have been multiple attacks by people who claim to be Muslim recently. So there is obviously a lot of ill feeling towards them (Isis not muslims).

ive not seen this called an incident by anyone in authority. I can't say the same for the previous attacks.

I couldnt care less what religion the people are carrying out these attacks are. They deserve the same treatment. Short drop sharp stop.

But personally I think this latest one was prevoked. And was clearly a copycat revenge attack.

Without the previous i dont don't think this would have occurred.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
We most certainly do and according to the news a couple of days ago more of the white nutter terrorist cell attempts have been foiled and uncovered this year than any made by so called ISIS inspired actions.

Look west young man.

Id love to see that proof.

Most politicians love to spout how successful something is and divert from bad news and haven't seen it put out in news recently.

Considering the amount of times suspected terrorists commit terrorism whilst being watched. I'd be interested in what a foiled attack looks like.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk

Certainly the list of goings on in NI is longer than I'd have imagined. Hardly gets a peek on mainland news now. And, the Express from 2015 was thankfully not too accurate.

But, doesn't make me feel any less concerned about the Isis Sympathisers we have on shore...

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

So the 2nd artical claims we should forget Isis and worry about IRA. Written 18months ago. Hindsight suggests that was wrong.

The first one does paint a bad picture for Ireland. But they are a faction who have come to the uk to live within and destroy us.

they have always had an agenda and although that press suggests its going strong. I've not heard on peep about it on mainstream news, which makes me think that the Uk consider it less of an issue.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Id love to see that proof.

Most politicians love to spout how successful something is and divert from bad news and haven't seen it put out in news recently.

Considering the amount of times suspected terrorists commit terrorism whilst being watched. I'd be interested in what a foiled attack looks like.

Perhaps headlining incidents in NI is not politically wise when all political sides promote the peace dividend.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Perhaps headlining incidents in NI is not politically wise when all political sides promote the peace dividend.

Thats a fair point.

except it has been made public as your links clearly show. So, rightly or wrongly is considered less of a threat than it may or may not warrant.