5G is here.........

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
5G is not really being design for the mobile consumer per say when it comes to mobile phone terms, its being implemented for the uptake in IOT devices where we will see smart cities, driverless cars, etc and it will ultimately do away with the need for digging up the roads for fiber. That's why its coming, as a side product EE, VF etc will sell you a contract for a million mbps download which the hardware you are using wont be able to utilise, but hey, its good to talk about in the pub.

I think/hope it will also enable lots of households that are too far away from cabinets or are out of areas where there is cable laid to relatively easy and affordable access high speed internet.

I got really lucky as previously I was on 4 mg at best due to how far away I lived from a cabinet. And although I do live in the middle of fields and am not on a street, I am under a mile from from the outskirts of Nottingham so hardy remote. Streaming was usually impossible and once my daughter was on you tube that was mostly it for the internet. But openreach put in a fibre direct to my house that gives me nearly 300 now. And whilst it is not life changing, we can now use Netflix, Amazon Prime TV and can also go on the internet at the same time without awful buffering.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
There is a guy in, I think, gateshead who has collected information on this, 5g gear in street lights etc. He is obsessed with the issue, causing cancers, brain tumours and so on.. Unfortunately for him, when he went public with this it was confirmed that at that time there were no 5g transmitters in the country.

I don't mind someone being a little paranoid about this type of thing. We all accept it unconditionally and perhaps more questions should be asked.