and now Florida!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I believe the zika threat is further south, Miami way, rather than Orlando but frankly who wants to get bitten by a mozzy anyway. Mozzy spray is one of the first things on our holiday check list.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
no signs of Orlando on that list anywhere?

There is, Osceola, Polk and Orange County are all tourist areas of Orlando.

Kissimmee spreads through Polk, Osceola and Orange counties. Champions Gate is Polk. Walt Disney World is in Orange and Osceola counties

Last edited:

the_coach

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
it's mostly so far a warning over Dade County which although a big chunk of south east Florida it's far as I can see been to the south of Miami in the main, a big part of the everglades national park down there so perfect mosquito country - so say if any folks driving from Miami down to the keys would be advisable to make sure they took reasonable precautions

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
when was this matey?

I know it's been rumoured there'd be a 'soft opening' some point this week but nothing official!

This was Monday, going back Friday, will report further.

word of warning about the heat and humidity. It's all consuming. Reaching upto 100 on some days. I'm melting...

not the cork screw Stu. We called the the boomerang, the big loop an 2 smaller ones. Then the same backwards. However the hulk doesn't go backwards

No talk or sign posts of the Zika anywhere I've seen

have fun y'all

D

Deleted member 1740

word of warning about the heat and humidity. It's all consuming. Reaching upto 100 on some days. I'm melting...

not the cork screw Stu. We called the the boomerang, the big loop an 2 smaller ones. Then the same backwards. However the hulk doesn't go backwards

have fun y'all

Ah yes that's it The Boomerang.

Where was the corkscrew then?

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site

have fun y'all

I heard it is opening today matey so should be all set for you tomorrow!
Yeah can't wait to melt myself, you had much rain mate?

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I heard it is opening today matey so should be all set for you tomorrow!
Yeah can't wait to melt myself, you had much rain mate?

Forecast was terrible but only had a few showers. Yesterday it battered down for an hour then the sun came out again. Your grateful of the showers as it clears the air a bit. Thunder is never too far away tho.

Ps I have no intention on going on the hulk 😂

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Forecast was terrible but only had a few showers. Yesterday it battered down for an hour then the sun came out again. Your grateful of the showers as it clears the air a bit. Thunder is never too far away tho.

Ps I have no intention on going on the hulk 

Really??? Man up ffs :rofl:

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site

Ps I have no intention on going on the hulk 

get yourself on it mate! It's a brilliant ride!

fudgeukraine

Visit site
Going for the first time in Sept (Arrive Thurs 15th, fly back Sun 25th) with the GF. She's been loads but I've never been. Anyone got any tips? Staying by Disney Springs & planning on hiring a car for ease of use. the plan I was thinking of is:

2 days: Magic Kingdom & 1 other Disney
2 days: Both Universals
Poss 2 days: Discovery Cove/Aquatica/Seaworld
1 day: Kennedy Space Centre
Rest of time: Chill/Shop etc.

But not sure if anyone's got any other suggestions or tips on this? Been reading through so far; some good advice, thanks!

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Going for the first time in Sept (Arrive Thurs 15th, fly back Sun 25th) with the GF. She's been loads but I've never been. Anyone got any tips? Staying by Disney Springs & planning on hiring a car for ease of use. the plan I was thinking of is:

But not sure if anyone's got any other suggestions or tips on this? Been reading through so far; some good advice, thanks!

Sounds like a good plan mate, you've covered most of the options really.

The 3 remain Disney options you have is a tough one, out of Epcot, Hollywood Studios & Animal Kingdom i'd probably go for Hollywood Studios purely for Tower of Terror and it is a very good day too however all 3 are good parks.

I'd give Aquatica a miss and go for Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach mate, Aquatica isn't all that great imo.

If you're after more specific advice there's a great website called the DIBB. It's full of tips for restaurants and parks etc!

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

You could do 2 days in Magic Kingdom on its own, easily.
DC/SW and Aquatica I'd suggest 3 days. Aquatica is fine and IMO its better than both Disney waterparks but horses for courses really.