and now Florida!

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site
America needs to sort itself out.

I'm going Orlando next month and whilst not worried myself this stuff needs to stop.

Not sure how long it's going to take for the USA to open their eyes and sort the problem out.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Sadly a shooting in the US is hard to link to shootings anywhere else in the world as they are so common. 2 killed in a shooting in Florida is a pretty common occurence unfortunately.

AMcC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sadly a shooting in the US is hard to link to shootings anywhere else in the world as they are so common. 2 killed in a shooting in Florida is a pretty common occurrence unfortunately.

We are just back and there was 2 killed in a hospital shooting in Titusville when we were there and it was reported like a normal news item. They happen so often that it doesn't get the news headlines that it would heer

AMcC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
cheers for your reassurance AMcC.

Remind me on to pack my bulletproof vest :mad:

Lol. I did play golf with a native and he had only recently given up working at Disney. He did say that all their parks are very well patrolled with plain clothed security staff, allegedly doing normal Disney duties but are continually monitoring the area and reporting in plus loads of cctv. He said you would never see them unless you knew what to look for and where to look.

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Lol. I did play golf with a native and he had only recently given up working at Disney. He did say that all their parks are very well patrolled with plain clothed security staff, allegedly doing normal Disney duties but are continually monitoring the area and reporting in plus loads of cctv. He said you would never see them unless you knew what to look for and where to look.

well I now know what i'm doing when queuing for rides now, will be suspicious of everyone!

whereabouts did you play over there?

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site
You'll be fine, be vigilant and use common sense. Go and enjoy your holiday, I know I will when I go in September.

I know Val, a bit tongue in cheek mate.

beyond excited to go, last went 8 years ago.

We fly out on the 26th August for 2 weeks :thup:

AMcC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You'll be fine, be vigilant and use common sense. Go and enjoy your holiday, I know I will when I go in September.

What he said !

whereabouts did you play over there?

Legends at Orange Lakes, was ok but nothing special, greens were pretty poor.
Had 3 games at Celebration, much better course all together, good condition friendly staff as well.
After our first game which we paid $49 for golf, buggies and lunch ! we got a bounce back voucher for a game with 2 weeks at £29, no lunch that time. Just ask the boys who take your clubs off the buggies, they normally have some to give out.

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Legends at Orange Lakes, was ok but nothing special, greens were pretty poor.
Had 3 games at Celebration, much better course all together, good condition friendly staff as well.
After our first game which we paid $49 for golf, buggies and lunch ! we got a bounce back voucher for a game with 2 weeks at £29, no lunch that time. Just ask the boys who take your clubs off the buggies, they normally have some to give out.

Looking to get a round booked the next couple of weeks, i've heard Orange Lakes isn't as great as its hyped up to be.

Looking in to either Celebration which isn't far from our apartment or one called Royal St.Cloud Golf Links which is highly reviewed!

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Looking to get a round booked the next couple of weeks, i've heard Orange Lakes isn't as great as its hyped up to be.

Looking in to either Celebration which isn't far from our apartment or one called Royal St.Cloud Golf Links which is highly reviewed!

Royal St Cloud is a good 35 mins+ away, I always tinker with playing it when I go but havent went yet.

Celebration is a nice course but like most Orlando courses it will be wet in August. That said im sure you'll enjoy it.

I should add, don't book just yet, you'll get a deal on golfnow.com nearer the time, even just a day or so before.

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Royal St Cloud is a good 35 mins+ away, I always tinker with playing it when I go but havent went yet.

Celebration is a nice course but like most Orlando courses it will be wet in August. That said im sure you'll enjoy it.

I should add, don't book just yet, you'll get a deal on golfnow.com nearer the time, even just a day or so before.

staying in Kissimmee mate so only 20 mins ish for us.

I know we'll get good deals but i need a specific tee time due to family itinerary!

I've emailed the pro there so i'm hoping he can do a good deal for me.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
staying in Kissimmee mate so only 20 mins ish for us.

I know we'll get good deals but i need a specific tee time due to family itinerary!

I've emailed the pro there so i'm hoping he can do a good deal for me.

If your near Celebration of be surprised if you get close in 20 mins, genuinely.

Where are you staying?

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site
If your near Celebration of be surprised if you get close in 20 mins, genuinely.

Where are you staying?

A villa in Kissimmee (big area I know) somewhere Val, i've not booked it so not 100% sure on the road/estate it's on.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Leave plenty of space in your suitcase and pay a visit to one of the outlet villages. Huge bargains to be had. Stock up for the next few years :thup: . We bought quite a bit but next time I would be more prepared, both in terms of money taken and space in the suitcase.

Have you been to Florida before? Are you doing the parks?

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Leave plenty of space in your suitcase and pay a visit to one of the outlet villages. Huge bargains to be had. Stock up for the next few years :thup: . We bought quite a bit but next time I would be more prepared, both in terms of money taken and space in the suitcase.

Have you been to Florida before? Are you doing the parks?

Hi LT,

yeah i've been twice before, first time I was around 10 and last time around 15 (I'm now 23).

In regards to suitcase, me and the missus are taking an extra one as I know how much stuff we can buy, I'm also travelling light and hoping to buy some stuff as I go along, i've got lots to burn!

We're doing all the parks apart from Animal Kingdom & Busch Gardens.

Very very excited for it!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Fantastic. I went two years ago for the first time, aged 44 with my wife and two kids. Best holiday ever. I'm sure you know most of what to do, seen tips etc but the one I would give is to make sure you see the fireworks display at the end of the night at the Magic Kingdom park. It doesn't matter how old you are, it is fantastic and a great way to end a day. (oops, second tip. Go to the Mall at Millenia near the parks and eat at The Cheesecake Factory. Share a main course, huge obviously, and leave space for cheesecake. A pudding from another planet. Totally wonderful and an essential visit made even better if you watch The Big Bang Theory) Enjoy.

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Fantastic. I went two years ago for the first time, aged 44 with my wife and two kids. Best holiday ever. I'm sure you know most of what to do, seen tips etc but the one I would give is to make sure you see the fireworks display at the end of the night at the Magic Kingdom park. It doesn't matter how old you are, it is fantastic and a great way to end a day. (oops, second tip. Go to the Mall at Millenia near the parks and eat at The Cheesecake Factory. Share a main course, huge obviously, and leave space for cheesecake. A pudding from another planet. Totally wonderful and an essential visit made even better if you watch The Big Bang Theory) Enjoy.

I'm dribbling at the thought of the Cheesecake Factory mate, been waiting to go back since I last went. I remember my little brother at the time having a 'Childs' burger slider meal. It was meant to be 6 'mini' burgers and fries, it was basically 6 normal cheeseburgers on a plate! :whoo:

saw the fireworks there last time and will be doing exactly the same this time!

Cannot wait to go, it's like going a different planet altogether!

What was your favourite park?