Holidays on You Own, Anyone Done It

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Hopefully you both go and can have a great time/sort out differences etc… but if that’s not to be then yeah one of you should go on solo hols

Lets face it being on hols alone is gonna be a lot easier than being at home alone, so if your both contemplating the latter the former will be a doddle

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hopefully you both go and can have a great time/sort out differences etc… but if that’s not to be then yeah one of you should go on solo hols

Lets face it being on hols alone is gonna be a lot easier than being at home alone, so if your both contemplating the latter the former will be a doddle
The first bit of this ....hope you can sort it out.

4LEX

Visit site
Something similar happened with an ex of mine quite a few years ago. We weren't married but in a 4 year plus serious relationship so the circumstances sound a bit different. I decided to go anyway to have some time to think things over. In the end I had the best time possible, played golf every morning, few hours beach/sea and on the cocktails in the evening. I had a whale of a time and ended up meeting a few people on nights out and around the hotel.

Got back home and the ex said she had missed me and wanted to patch things up. She wasn't happy to hear I'd had a great time and told her it was over. The funny thing was she the one who originally wanted to end it :LOL:

Swango1980

Visit site
Title sums it up really. Anyone here been on holiday on their own and how was it.

Not a sympathy post or anything but over the last couple of weeks it appears that my wife and I are going to separate. Holiday booked to Antigua in 2 weeks. Too late for a refund, this sort of thing is not covered by travel insurance as we can both go and so we are left with one of us going alone (it is all amicable so there is a chance we may still go together though that may be awkward).

So, I am thinking about going alone and the idea of a couple of weeks by the beach with books just clearing my head is not totally unappealing but then there is the thought of being at the bar on my own, meals alone etc that is a bit intimidating especially as Antigua all inclusive can be more couples based.

So, anyone done it and how did you find it.
My mate separated from his wife last year. A few weeks ago he went to Tunisia for a week on his own. He seems to have enjoyed it a lot.

You won't be the first person to ever eat or drink alone in a bar, and you certainly won't be the last. I know there can be a stigma around it if it isn't something you normally do, but in reality it is hardly something to be ashamed of. You'll probably end up randomly making small talk to others anyway, but if not you can ask yourself the following: Would you rather be eating and drinking alone for a couple of weeks in Antigua, or at your house in the UK?

Swango1980

Visit site
Something similar happened with an ex of mine quite a few years ago. We weren't married but in a 4 year plus serious relationship so the circumstances sound a bit different. I decided to go anyway to have some time to think things over. In the end I had the best time possible, played golf every morning, few hours beach/sea and on the cocktails in the evening. I had a whale of a time and ended up meeting a few people on nights out and around the hotel.

Got back home and the ex said she had missed me and wanted to patch things up. She wasn't happy to hear I'd had a great time and told her it was over. The funny thing was she the one who originally wanted to end it :LOL:
A guy at work was seeing someone for a while, and they booked a 2 week holiday to the Maldives. Dream holiday.

On the first day of their holiday, just after arriving, she told him the relationship wasn't going to work, and so ended it. Didn't end up the dream holiday he expected, and he looks back with more fondness to his holiday on his own in Malawi, where he nearly got killed by a Black Mamba and had giant spiders jumping out at him.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
A guy at work was seeing someone for a while, and they booked a 2 week holiday to the Maldives. Dream holiday.

On the first day of their holiday, just after arriving, she told him the relationship wasn't going to work, and so ended it. Didn't end up the dream holiday he expected, and he looks back with more fondness to his holiday on his own in Malawi, where he nearly got killed by a Black Mamba and had giant spiders jumping out at him.
What an utterly mental time to break up with someone. So they continued to share the room they'd booked for the rest of the fortnight or what? That's insane. 😂

Swango1980

Visit site
What an utterly mental time to break up with someone. So they continued to share the room they'd booked for the rest of the fortnight or what? That's insane. 😂
That's what I thought. Hopefully their double bed was two single beds joined together. That way, they could pull them apart and spend the rest of the holiday as "mates"

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Colleague of mine is banned from taking women to Paris as last time he did he took his then gf to Paris and rather than popping the question he dumped her on the Eurostar 😂

4LEX

Visit site
That's what I thought. Hopefully their double bed was two single beds joined together. That way, they could pull them apart and spend the rest of the holiday as "mates"

If it was the Maldives it would more likely two doubles put together! That is unhinged though. She probably knew he would cancel the holiday so manipulated him into thinking everything was fine before dropping the bomb.