and now Florida!

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
It's a terrible thing what's happened there, thoughts with the families.

We really should be shocked by these sort of incidents, but sadly it's too common. How any why they are so steadfast on their gun laws is beyond me.

Getting back to the fun side of Florida, I'm off there tomorrow :ears:
It's my first time. Doing the 4 parks and 2 at Universal. Any deffo do tips?? I hear discovery cove is a must?
just gotta negotiate one last day of work before I can consume myself in all things Disney :clap:

I'd leave Discovery Cove to the end as it is a nice relaxing day after the hussle and bussle of the other parks. See my previous post on here for tips on Universal and Kennedy Space Centre. A lot of the rides at Universal rely on you sitting in something that they then move up/down/left/right and they mostly project the ride around you front of you. It is very impressive, but it did make me feel a bit tom dick at times. I really enjoyed the old school water rides at Universal, great way of cooling off. We went to the Jurassic Park one first and went round 3 times with no queuing. Also enjoyed Shrek one as well as that was relatively tame.

Only other thing is try and put a rest day in if you can as park after park on every day can get a bit tiring, especially once you add in jet lag. Enjoy.

Last edited:

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Getting back to the fun side of Florida, I'm off there tomorrow :ears:
It's my first time. Doing the 4 parks and 2 at Universal. Any deffo do tips?? I hear discovery cove is a must?
just gotta negotiate one last day of work before I can consume myself in all things Disney :clap:

not jealous at all :whistle:
a month today for me!

My best tip would be tell them to get a move on with the hulk coaster cause if it's not open for when I get there i'll be fuming.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
a month today for me!

My best tip would be tell them to get a move on with the hulk coaster cause if it's not open for when I get there i'll be fuming.

I saw that being built when I was there and to be honest it scared the living daylights out of me just looking at it.

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site
 I'll be really gutted if it's not open myself... 

it's easily one of the best rides there, been waiting to back on it since I last went!

Have a good time Dave mate, look forward to hearing about it when you're back!

Fish

Banned
Visit site
An average of 48 shooting incidents a month in the West Midlands. Make of that what you wish.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/west-midlands-named-gun-crime-10894912

So not really anywhere near like in the US then and not "everyday news"

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/2488664.html

7 people shot every 60 minutes and that report is a couple years old

What a knobbish statement, if you lived up here you'd know that it IS everyday news that somebody is shot or there has been a serious gun crime, the rival gang warfare in Brum and surround areas is terrible, and to try and compare a county in England with the US is quite simply pathetic! There was a grim report not long ago that gun crime and serious violence in the West Midlands was in percentage terms worse than Rio de Janiro!

D

Deleted member 15344

What a knobbish statement, if you lived up here you'd know that it IS everyday news that somebody is shot or there has been a serious gun crime, the rival gang warfare in Brum and surround areas is terrible, and to try and compare a county in England with the US is quite simply pathetic! There was a grim report not long ago that gun crime and serious violence in the West Midlands was in percentage terms worse than Rio de Janiro!

I agree that comparing the two is pathetic hence why I questioned Socket Rocket when he compared the two :thup:

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Earmarked to re-open Sept 1st so looks like you may miss it. Plenty other than the hulk to entertain yourself with, the best ride IMO in Universal Parks is the Mummy Returns, its superb.

I definitely won't miss it, i'm there until the 9th September :D

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Royal St Cloud is a good 35 mins+ away, I always tinker with playing it when I go but havent went yet.

Celebration is a nice course but like most Orlando courses it will be wet in August. That said im sure you'll enjoy it.

I should add, don't book just yet, you'll get a deal on golfnow.com nearer the time, even just a day or so before.

Emailed the pro at St Cloud, $24 dollar for a sunday morning and $15 for club rental, absolute bargain!

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
a month today for me!

dunno if it's been mentioned since, but the hulk ride is open! Seen it in action with my own eyes. Didn't go on it tho... Reminds me of the thing they had in phwelli (?) all them years ago.

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site
dunno if it's been mentioned since, but the hulk ride is open! Seen it in action with my own eyes. Didn't go on it tho... Reminds me of the thing they had in phwelli (?) all them years ago.

when was this matey?

I know it's been rumoured there'd be a 'soft opening' some point this week but nothing official!

D

Deleted member 1740

The corkscrew was a rasper back in the day!

D

Deleted Member 1156

I've played Royal St Cloud, a 'Scottish links' in the middle of Florida. Yeah right, it's a huge open field with a couple of man made mounds. It's fine for a round of holiday golf but don't expect anything more than that. Celebration is better, some decent holes there and a few nice properties bordering the course as well. The town itself always makes me think of the Truman Show :mmm:

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I've played Royal St Cloud, a 'Scottish links' in the middle of Florida. Yeah right, it's a huge open field with a couple of man made mounds. It's fine for a round of holiday golf but don't expect anything more than that. Celebration is better, some decent holes there and a few nice properties bordering the course as well. The town itself always makes me think of the Truman Show :mmm:

thanks for that mate, that's made me reconsider.

I'm not 100% what we're doing yet or if we'll even have time for a round.

Gonna play it by ear and use golfnow or teetimesusa to see what I can get on the day!

D

Deleted Member 1156

Gonna play it by ear and use golfnow or teetimesusa to see what I can get on the day!

That is the way to go. I used to pre book all my golf before I went but I now use the last minute websites and see what is on offer the night before :thup: