A true Likely Lad....

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Never liked him after he tried the "do you know who I am ...." line with me. Answer was "yes I do, and it doesn't make any difference..." He complained to my boss (and it still didn't make any difference).

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
Really sad to hear the news.

Whatever Happened to... is one of my most favourite sitcoms ever. Had always hoped there'd be an elderly Bob & Terry show made but was quite shocked to learn he was 79. Ah, but time flies. Must get me box set out in a bit.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Very sad news. Loved him in the Likely Lads. Whatever happened to was better than the original which is very rare.

The cycle race was one of the best episodes, and Terry out of control with no brakes was so funny.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Very sad. He had been having treatment at the hospital my wife and I work at and she had been dealing with his appointment bookings and had got to know him quite well in the last year or so (to the point he gave her a signed book). He did have a reputation for being difficult but she found him charming and polite. It's a shame he and James Bolam could never sort their differences out but together on screen they produced some classic comedy TV.

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Really saddened and actually quite shocked to read this. I am surprised he was 79, but I guess I just think of him as the guy in the Likely Lads, always young.
RIP.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Really saddened and actually quite shocked to read this. I am surprised he was 79, but I guess I just think of him as the guy in the Likely Lads, always young.
RIP.

Me too - my brother and I used to watch the LLs with my dad - we all really liked it...he will be forever a young Bob Ferris - with all his pretensions being undermined by his down-to-earth and miserable ex-army buddy. His new house and their trying to avoid the football score...evergreen...

God Bless you Rodney Bewes - you made us laugh.

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Me too - my brother and I used to watch the LLs with my dad - we all really liked it...he will be forever a young Bob Ferris - with all his pretensions being undermined by his down-to-earth and miserable ex-army buddy. His new house and their trying to avoid the football score...evergreen...

God Bless you Rodney Bewes - you made us laugh.
I laughed out loud when you mentioned avoiding the football scores. A classic episode.