Mosque Shooting in NZ

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

In all honesty phil i googled your post the other day when you mentioned the lack support/ sympathy towards Muslims. There was some support. However. There was Nothing. And i mean nothing, not a full stop, comma, question mark said re the muslim bombings of christians in both Nigeria and Indonesia on here. Bombimgs which have killed more than in NZ. But this is not a thread about body counts. One bombing which was also in a place of worship. So to say once more there is double standards, well i dont think so. In fact far from It.

Do you mean these bombings ?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-africa-43967738

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-africa-42065509

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-africa-43097221

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-africa-14686780/abuja-attack-car-bomb-hits-nigeria-un-building

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-asia-44105279

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-asia-44097771

Maybe your search facility doesn’t wor
You can also find them all over Twitter and Facebook - all over the place

D

Deleted member 15344

They are all external links . He said on here.
There is a world outside this forum , my original post wasn’t about pointing fingers at people on here for goodness sake - it was the general change in attitude when Muslims are innocent victims of terror attacks - there will always be a different feeling when it’s against Muslims there is plenty of evidence out there to support that - some will because they believe it’s a bit of karma , some try and switch it off as if it didn’t happen and some will use the excuse that it happened in a country not too close to us despite our historic links to the country

People can ignore that opinion , some will accept it and some will immediately go on tbe defensive - no one on here has been singled out , no finger pointed - I posted a debated opinion on many social media outlets

Are people reacting to it because their maybe some truth in it? Maybe a bit of guilt or because I posted the opinion

Last edited by a moderator:

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
There is a world outside this forum , my original post wasn’t about pointing fingers at people on here for goodness sake - it was the general change in attitude when Muslims are innocent victims of terror attacks - there will always be a different feeling when it’s against Muslims there is plenty of evidence out there to support that - some will because they believe it’s a bit of karma , some try and switch it off as if it didn’t happen and some will use the excuse that it happened in a country not too close to us despite our historic links to the country

People can ignore that opinion , some will accept it and some will immediately go on tbe defensive - no one on here has been singled out , no finger pointed - I posted a debated opinion on many social media outlets

Are people reacting to it because their maybe some truth in it? Maybe a bit of guilt or because I posted the opinion
Maybe you're just trolling for an argument.

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
You suggest that any atrocity is carried out by a person who has mental health issues. In some cases mental illness could be related but to suggest this would apply in every case is in my opinion wrong. I believe in most cases the atrocity is carried out by people who become desensitised to the value of life in a similar way that a slaughterman in an abitoir becomes desensitised to the killing of animals.

If we took your theory to its conclusion then nobody would be convicted of murder, nobody would be a terrorist, they would have mental health issues. What about GBH or torture, could we categorise people that carry out these acts as having mental health issues.

It would take time I don't have to expand on the definition of mental illness, but too many people have a narrow definition of same, certainly not supported by most professionals in the field. Anyone who can slaughter human beings without thought or emotion certainly is not mentally well.

More importantly, not once did I say nor do I think that someone with a mental illness should avoid responsibility for their actions. They are still guilty and should be punished as such. Not all persons with ill mental health are found innoncent or crimes purely as a result of their mental health. They are also absolutely terrorists. The definition of such is clear and unambiguous.

You stated the conclusion to my theory would no one is responsible or a terrorist. Mentally ill people are still held responsible in many situations. Not all get a pass as you suggest.

As I stated we can shout and scream but it does not fix anything. Understanding why is the first step

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
So sad that yet another on the main sensitive and well discussed thread now descends into a now familiar cycle of point scoring and tit for tat replies. Forget the innocent people, irrespective of race or religion that lost their lives needlessly as long as we can outdo each other on a forum. Time to take a step back?

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
LP, you are not my moral compass and no I have no guilt for not posting on here about this any earlier than I have.
I don’t feel the need to flagellate myself or express some outpouring of massive grief because I chose to not say anything
What happened was horrible, an evil act carried out on innocent humans by a psychopath.
Their and his colour or religion are an irrelevance to me.
If we all chose to post on every single act of evil or disaster we would need a bigger forum.

Human nature is what it is, something closer to home will always grab someone’s attention and get a reaction more than something miles away, whether that’s a natural act or something evil.

D

Deleted member 15344

Maybe you're just trolling for an argument.
And that’s just the typical answer when something is posted that maybe challenges people’s thoughts and maybe a defence mechanism- I have whilst posted the opinion also had a look at my own thinking in regards terrorist incidents - I have lost colleagues and friends to terrorist attacks or at the hands of Islamic fighters and at times I wonder if I’m prejudice against Muslims. Over the last 5 years I have worked with 4 practising Muslims and it’s very eye opening when you speak to them about their beliefs- certainly good to hear from that side of the story

But if you think I’m trolling crack on - for me that says more about you than me

D

Deleted member 16999

So sad that yet another on the main sensitive and well discussed thread now descends into a now familiar cycle of point scoring and tit for tat replies. Forget the innocent people, irrespective of race or religion that lost their lives needlessly as long as we can outdo each other on a forum. Time to take a step back?
From the guy “liking” some of the tit for tat replies against LP! Oh the irony, whether you agree or disagree with his pov he has the right to post it. Please then don’t try and take the moral high ground when you’re encouraging it!

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Am not gonna get into an arguement with you Phill but read my post again. It said after your post the other day. post no 7. Whilst you read that. Have a look who was post number 6.
Then read my last post where i said i googled. Thats a search engine. My comments where re what us said in here. Re the links you have posted. Are we to have a minutes silence at every game.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Can I just add a point that we all moaning at each other for either not posting or moaning about others saying we don’t post for a terror attack when ironically there has been one in europe and only 2 people have posted

Appearing to care isn’t the same as actual caring you don’t need to post to feel sympathy

D

Deleted member 15344

LP, you are not my moral compass and no I have no guilt for not posting on here about this any earlier than I have.
I don’t feel the need to flagellate myself or express some outpouring of massive grief because I chose to not say anything
What happened was horrible, an evil act carried out on innocent humans by a psychopath.
Their and his colour or religion are an irrelevance to me.
If we all chose to post on every single act of evil or disaster we would need a bigger forum.

Human nature is what it is, something closer to home will always grab someone’s attention and get a reaction more than something miles away, whether that’s a natural act or something evil.

I wasn’t judging
Am not gonna get into an arguement with you Phill but read my post again. It said after your post the other day. post no 7. Whilst you read that. Have a look who was post number 6.
Then read my last post where i said i googled. Thats a search engine. My comments where re what us said in here. Re the links you have posted. Are we to have a minutes silence at every game.

Just to confirm for you my post 7 wasn’t in reply to your post 6 - you can see that by the fact I didn’t reply directly to you

People need to stop thinking that I’m directly posting at them - I just posted something that I heard being talked about on the radio and a number of very good points where being made from both sides and I thought the same level of discussion could happen here - no malice , no finger pointing but yet some can’t see past that it seems

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
You seem to have taken on the role of the Islamaphobia Finder General. Actively looking for any nit picking excuse to brand people as racist bigots. Not only is it pathetic it portrays you as the inverse of that which you accuse others of. Take a long look at yourself and realise how you are coming over as someone with an extreme persecution complex.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I wasn’t judging

Just to confirm for you my post 7 wasn’t in reply to your post 6 - you can see that by the fact I didn’t reply directly to you

People need to stop thinking that I’m directly posting at them - I just posted something that I heard being talked about on the radio and a number of very good points where being made from both sides and I thought the same level of discussion could happen here - no malice , no finger pointing but yet some can’t see past that it seems
You were finger pointing, own up to it and move on.
Look at your post #7

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
I agree with the guy on TV who said that posting these thing on social media does nothing except gives these lunatics and fanatics the publicity they crave and by doing so unfortunately drives others to mirror the act in the name of revenge or copy cat.

There is inbalance by the news media hence the lack of publicity about the christians who have been massacred over the last couple of months.

Do I think it is worth highlighting on a social media thread, not really, but if others do crack on.

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I'm not surprised I spend less and less time on this forum. Genuine debate is impossible and entirely due to personality clashes that are clearly historic and brought into almost every thread.

Do no harm for a lot of people here to take a real honest look at their role in such childish behavior

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I'm not surprised I spend less and less time on this forum. Genuine debate is impossible and entirely due to personality clashes that are clearly historic and brought into almost every thread.

Do no harm for a lot of people here to take a real honest look at their role in such childish behavior

I thought you made a good point, and I 'get' where you were coming from. I think some took it a little too literally.

And sorry for paraphrasing it, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but you seem to be saying how could anyone in their right mind commit such atrocities? I don't think that's an unreasonable question. Equally, you've got to also consider the nurture 'v' nature aspect of someone's make-up. Statistics clearly show that someone who has been abused is more likely to become an abuser than someone who hasn't.

You and I might think someone who chooses to become a white supremacist must have a screw loose. But does that mean someone like Mother Theresa must have had a screw loose for being so caring? The reality is someone who is totally sane can make choices you and I would shudder to consider. You can be sane but evil.

D

Deleted member 15344

I think there is a clear distinction between someone who is clearly twisted , insane and evil and whose sole aim is just hurt and destruction and the targets are just random

Is there are a difference between someone like Breivik who whilst clearly was a far right racist went on a killing spree and didn’t just seem to target a race , religion or sex yet was stating he saving Norway from a Muslim takeover but said target was the Labour Party and killed 60 plus kids from all sorts of backgrounds.

Then you have this guy who committed the targeted killing of Muslims in New Zealand or the 9/11 or 7/7 , Manchester bombings - clear targets from people who believe in one way of life - are they insane etc or was it a clear thought ( in their mind ) attack because of their interpretation of their religion ?

Are my examples wrong ? I don’t know but either way these people cause hurt and harm on high level and all should be treated the same within the media and within the courts - putting it in simplistic terms , if someone carries out the level of attacks that we have seen over the past decade then they are all terrorists of the highest order - insane, psychopaths , madmen etc but all terrorists who have used violence to cause terrors

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
LP.....a dog sheet on the pavement is just that.
We don't worry about what size or colour the dog was, or what the colour of the sheet is, it's consistency or smell. We don't worry who the dog owner is, their colour, religion, financial status or anything else other than they are a poor example of a dog owner.
What we do know is the dog sheet shouldnt be there and we abhor it's existance.
Likewise the evil people you talk of. Giving them folders to be in just glorifies their acts and their notoriety. They are evil, but lets leave it at that so we take their fame and glory and treat them just like that dog sheet on the pavement. Stick in a bag and bin it, no names, ceremony or badges. Make their existance unimportant and you take away a drive to carry out such eveil acts.
Hopefully then the pavements will be safer for all of us to walk.