Mosque Shooting in NZ

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Yeah I have 200 of which prob 50 are People I’ve seen in past 2 years.. and then I dunno if you use twitter but the people I “follow” atm it’s one of 4 topics

This terror attack
Brexit
Champs league draw
Or sucking up to Ricky gervias over his new show

Tbf his last one was quality 😂😂😂😂
Brexit is my nemesis due to work so kinda white noise and don’t see it on Twitter.
I agree Twitter has a little more on it, # causes certainly get retwitted more than Fb shares these days. Unfortunately, a lot of them are shares which can imo fall into the category of crowd following as opposed to seeing many of my friends or people I follow doing original tweets.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
https://forums.golf-monthly.co.uk/threads/london-bridge-incident.92265/

https://forums.golf-monthly.co.uk/threads/manchester-terrorist-attack.92031/

Just to give my comments a bit of a base

above are the two threads for the Manchester and London Bridge attack by Islamic Terrorists

You will clearly see the different attitudes

A lot of the comments on this thread are more pointing towards being horrified that some people think less sympathy is given to Muslim victims.
They were in the UK, what do you expect. This thread shouldnt be dragged into finger pointing and accusations of anti Muslim accusations through social media poling (by gut feeling)

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'd understand the shooting if the mosque was full with jahadi combatants with ak47's but a mosque full of innocent people!!!!! What is that about. All this will do is make the like minded nutters on the other side retaliate against more innocent people

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
I'd understand the shooting if the mosque was full with jahadi combatants with ak47's but a mosque full of innocent people!!!!! What is that about. All this will do is make the like minded nutters on the other side retaliate against more innocent people

Same sort of twisted mentality that see’s an arena full of kids as a legitimate target. You can’t apply your sane thinking to their evil ideology.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Unfortunatly its always the innocents that have to suffer by these terrorists.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Same sort of twisted mentality that see’s an arena full of kids as a legitimate target. You can’t apply your sane thinking to their evil ideology.

Struggling to put a like at the side of a post I agree with when murder is involved. But totally agree with it.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thats exactly what they want. Create division, mistrust, hatred. In that chasm, extremism flourishes. White Nationalism becomes more mainstream (in this particular case).

Fish

Banned
Visit site

I don’t think it’s been mentioned but he had been labelled as a white suprematist so he wouldn’t have a specific target like jihadists, he’d just attack a race with no thought of gender or age, you only had to see the names on his weapons and who he looked up to to see he was fanatical.

He wants to be famous and an inspiration to other nutters like him, hence the footage before & after, for that reason alone I’d have him popped, let there be a conspiracy theory for who shot & killed him rather than he become some kind of poster boy for others that want to follow in his footsteps!

Mag to grid get rid.....

Wolf

Visit site
Few quick points.

1. To compare this to the acts committed in London is ridiculous and has no bearing, of course in a UK based forum there will be more uproar than this vile act that's been committed in NZ, because London is at most a few hours away from anywhere in UK, where as NZ is over a day away by plane and we don't live there.. Therefore are less immediately affected by the incident.

2. Just because we aren't seeing an out poor in some UK social media circles doesn't mean people don't care, I'm sure in places closer to the incident and to those who have friends or family there, that there is a lot more visible to them on news feeds.

3. The Senator that wrote that letter that LP shared is an absolute disgrace of a human being and should be removed from office and never be given the opportunity to air his views in a political manner again.

As for the incident itself regardless of race, gender or religion no innocent life deserves to be taken. Yet whenever we see an incident committed by a Muslim its terrorism, but a white guy does it, here's merely a white supremest nutjob. No the guy has committed an act of terrorism against an innocent group of people, let's name him for what he is and that's a Terrorist because it goes both ways.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Few quick points.

1. To compare this to the acts committed in London is ridiculous and has no bearing, of course in a UK based forum there will be more uproar than this vile act that's been committed in NZ, because London is at most a few hours away from anywhere in UK, where as NZ is over a day away by plane and we don't live there.. Therefore are less immediately affected by the incident.

2. Just because we aren't seeing an out poor in some UK social media circles doesn't mean people don't care, I'm sure in places closer to the incident and to those who have friends or family there, that there is a lot more visible to them on news feeds.

3. The Senator that wrote that letter that LP shared is an absolute disgrace of a human being and should be removed from office and never be given the opportunity to air his views in a political manner again.

As for the incident itself regardless of race, gender or religion no innocent life deserves to be taken. Yet whenever we see an incident committed by a Muslim its terrorism, but a white guy does it, here's merely a white supremest nutjob. No the guy has committed an act of terrorism against an innocent group of people, let's name him for what he is and that's a Terrorist because it goes both ways.

Spot on wolf

Considering I live in a London borough, work in another London borough and have had to deal with 7/7 first hand I think London terror attacks will always be more hitting than other parts of the world!

People state “oh but France isn’t close” France is but a Eurostar away.. it really isn’t far

Manchester was close to home

I think I was nights for Westminster and Manchester attacks so we were watching it on the news and on high alert

The bomb team went out to lost property on a pLatform because everyone was so damn jumpy

So yeah uk hits far harder as we live there! Further away it is the less it worries people

It’s natural

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Why is it necessary to label or attack an individual for an opinion. Debate the issue not accuse the author.

It is indeed a fact that Muslim victims of terror attacks receive less press attention. Research to show this is readily available. Stating this fact should not lead you to presume anything about my views/beliefs/opinions.

Not a fact but my opinion - I find it hard to see any terrorist as not having a mental illness. Watching what any of them do, how they do it, what they say doing it and their overall demeanor and expression is deeply chilling and upsetting to any right minded or healthy minded person. Of course they are mentally ill.

Saying they are mentally ill (which by definition they are) appears to some to offer an excuse for their behaviour. To me it is never an excuse, but regardless of how heinous or barbaric any act is it should be important to society to understand what is driving it. Just expressing outrage and/or anger does not go any way to reducing the chances of repeat incidents.

We need to understand what leads a person to this point and as a result of that understanding then work towards prevention in the future. As a result any debate about the worthiness of victims and the state of mind or perpetrators is always welcome. It should never lead another to label someone who cares to debate such points as less sympathetic or less outraged by such disgusting acts of terror.

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
Why is it necessary to label or attack an individual for an opinion. Debate the issue not accuse the author.

It is indeed a fact that Muslim victims of terror attacks receive less press attention. Research to show this is readily available. Stating this fact should not lead you to presume anything about my views/beliefs/opinions.

Not a fact but my opinion - I find it hard to see any terrorist as not having a mental illness. Watching what any of them do, how they do it, what they say doing it and their overall demeanor and expression is deeply chilling and upsetting to any right minded or healthy minded person. Of course they are mentally ill.

Saying they are mentally ill (which by definition they are) appears to some to offer an excuse for their behaviour. To me it is never an excuse, but regardless of how heinous or barbaric any act is it should be important to society to understand what is driving it. Just expressing outrage and/or anger does not go any way to reducing the chances of repeat incidents.

We need to understand what leads a person to this point and as a result of that understanding then work towards prevention in the future. As a result any debate about the worthiness of victims and the state of mind or perpetrators is always welcome. It should never lead another to label someone who cares to debate such points as less sympathetic or less outraged by such disgusting acts of terror.

Possibly one of the worst posts i have ever read on here.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

You suggest that any atrocity is carried out by a person who has mental health issues. In some cases mental illness could be related but to suggest this would apply in every case is in my opinion wrong. I believe in most cases the atrocity is carried out by people who become desensitised to the value of life in a similar way that a slaughterman in an abitoir becomes desensitised to the killing of animals.

If we took your theory to its conclusion then nobody would be convicted of murder, nobody would be a terrorist, they would have mental health issues. What about GBH or torture, could we categorise people that carry out these acts as having mental health issues.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

In all honesty phil i googled your post the other day when you mentioned the lack support/ sympathy towards Muslims. There was some support. However. There was Nothing. And i mean nothing, not a full stop, comma, question mark said re the muslim bombings of christians in both Nigeria and Indonesia on here. Bombimgs which have killed more than in NZ. But this is not a thread about body counts. One bombing which was also in a place of worship. So to say once more there is double standards, well i dont think so. In fact far from It.