Sexist comments

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
It's a great comeback because it is a response to a question with a sexist premise.

i.e. you must struggle to do your job as you couldn't possibly be around naked men.

I think if men were consistently asked sexist questions that have a starting point of assuming they have limitations based on gender, we would applaud similarly composed responses.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Christ sake it's a good response to a stupid question, can we not have a joke anymore?🙄
If Phil Neville said he picks his team on the hairiest fannies I think he would be looking for another job, stupid question or not.!
NO you can’t have a joke anymore if your male , I think that was the premise of the question.

Dibby

Assistant Pro
Visit site
If Phil Neville said he picks his team on the hairiest fannies I think he would be looking for another job, stupid question or not.!
NO you can’t have a joke anymore if your male , I think that was the premise of the question.

Unfortunately, we will never know, because I doubt any journalist will ever ask Phil if he warns the players to not be naked before he enters the dressing room, which was the point Imke was jokingly making. The irony is that it's supposed to be Germans who have no sense of humour!

Wolf

Visit site
It's all about the context of the question imo the question they asked was laced with intent so she responded with a sarcastic response fair play to her.

The other thing to look at is where the question was asked, having lived in Germany they're not as uptight about sexuality and sexism as we are here so her saying this in response doesn't bat an eyelid and is the perfect way to answer. Here in the UK most people are so PC and uptight that anything can and will be twisted to be sexist, politically incorrect etc.

So if Phil Neville was asked something similar then the British press would have a field day because we like to be offended and dig people out. Different cultures, different views it's what makes us come here after all.

Last edited:

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site

Thing is, Phil Neville wouldn’t be asked if he had to ask his team to keep their kit on.

If you can’t see that, then you are part of the problem in accepting every day sexism.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thing is, Phil Neville wouldn’t be asked if he had to ask his team to keep their kit on.

If you can’t see that, then you are part of the problem in accepting every day sexism.[/QUOTE
That’s your opinion !
But I don’t agree.

Remember I think it was Graham Souness (might be wrong) said he would give a female reporter a little slap after a cheeky question ,he was slated by all the sexist crew.
It’s always going to be there if a manager has a different gender team .

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
The biggest problem with this whole piece is that there is no context to it.
Was she asked in a serious or joking fashion..?
Does she know the reporter and they were having a laugh, almost a private joke?
Was it a serious question and she took offence and gave a smartass response...?
We don't know. There's no way to know unless you were there.

And, to be honest, if a reporter has asked her that question and she gave that reply then I think it's a great comeback to a stupid question.
And I wouldn't get upset if Phil Neville was asked a similar question and gave a similar appropriate answer with a look of disdain at the person posing the question.

Moral : Don't ask stupid questions and you won't get stupid answers.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
The biggest problem with this whole piece is that there is no context to it.
Was she asked in a serious or joking fashion..?
Does she know the reporter and they were having a laugh, almost a private joke?
Was it a serious question and she took offence and gave a smartass response...?
We don't know. There's no way to know unless you were there.

And, to be honest, if a reporter has asked her that question and she gave that reply then I think it's a great comeback to a stupid question.
And I wouldn't get upset if Phil Neville was asked a similar question and gave a similar appropriate answer with a look of disdain at the person posing the question.

Moral : Don't ask stupid questions and you won't get stupid answers.

For me it doesn't matter the context.

If a male answered like that there would be an outcry, bra's would be getting burned.