Is Russia preparing for confrontation

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Turkey has just shot down a Russian plane. That's gonna help the situation.

Of all the nations you really didn't want to shoot down surely Russia is top of the list. Seems (allegedly via news reports) warnings were given but Russia do seem keen on pushing limits and maybe this time brinkmanship went too far. Not sure they will take this lightly though

Radbourne2010

Challenge Tour Pro
www.mmksolutions.co.uk
Like Turkey (s) voting for Christmas. Shoot down your neighbours war plane over a foreign country then stand back & watch all hell break loose in & around your borders. Serves them right for taking over half of a sovereign Commonwealth country back in 1974.

Spring trip to Belek cancelled... :angry:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Russia chanced their arm and lost it, shades of the Yogoslav conflict. 1 Fencer down, these things are Cold War relics and older than Phil. I wonder if the helicopter was a Hook.

They have to be the worst country ever to play Call my Bluff, they have an arrogance believing that countries won't react when they test their resolve, well they just got a kick in the gonads, again!

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I wouldn't be surprised if the wrath of Russia will now come down on non IS rebels.

Who ever is/was responsible will not matter, Putin will be under pressure to produce a pound of flesh and he won't care where he gets it from..

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
I do not trust the Russians one bit

They are following their own agenda in Syria, bombing groups opposed to Assad, in an effort to prolong his reign, while largely avoiding Isis.
They have been buzzing our shores for donkeys years both in the air and at sea, playing their "dare you" games and doing the same in Syria/Turkey. well Turkey have called their bluff big time on that one.

If Putin wants to be taken seriously on the world stage, he needs to stop the willy waving, commit his forces to work as a team and stop telling porky pies about everything including Ukraine

D

Deleted member 15344

Russians "buzzing" our shores are used to carry out trained drills - they are actually not a bad thing because we know they won't do anything serious but can be used to measure our reactions - been happening for decades now. Our reactions are sensible - Turkey used it as an excuse to take down the A/C - Russia were not going to "attack" anything in Turkey but they have Turkey the excuse to use force