Is Russia preparing for confrontation

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

No, it's nothing new....but it is severely embarrasing to have to ask the French, American and Canadian forces to trace and track a Russian sub in our own waters.....
Never mind, I'm sure Cameron is quite happy giving aid to India and China rather than supporting our own forces and defences.
Lets just hope those new aircraft carriers don't actually need any aircraft on them to scare the enemy away....

Craigg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
No, it's nothing new....but it is severely embarrasing to have to ask the French, American and Canadian forces to trace and track a Russian sub in our own waters.....
Never mind, I'm sure Cameron is quite happy giving aid to India and China rather than supporting our own forces and defences.
Lets just hope those new aircraft carriers don't actually need any aircraft on them to scare the enemy away....

Point taken, and yes, rather embarrassing.
I was just responding to the original question, and whether we should read anything into the fact that the Ruskies are once again cruising our northern coastline.

Astraeus

Head Pro
Visit site
Isn't being able to call upon the help of other sovereign nations the entire raison d'etre for an alliance such as NATO?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
What a load of guff he came out with. Not withstanding our still limited military capability and the question on where these extra troops will come from, will the whole thing function if he culls the MOD civilian workforce?

Craigg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Get Trident out of Scotland.

If Westminister want Trident then store Trident in London. I don't want nuclear weapons within 50 miles of my abode!

Happy to have the majority of your electricity produced by nuclear power though?
Maybe a thread for another day.

Astraeus

Head Pro
Visit site
I see the DUP offered in parliament today to house it in Northern Ireland.
Seems a good solution to me.
It depends how close to the West coast Jacko lives, he could still easily find himself within 50 miles of the Trident base. For that matter he'd best hope he doesn't live too close to the shore or else the at-sea part of the CASND could also encroach.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That was when I was on the Edinburgh. I was on Iron Duke as well. Hated 23's but loved my time on 42's

Had a couple of mates on the Kent. Andy Foster and Dean Evans

Im in Nelson now serving out my notice only a few months left. Loved my time in the mob.

I was good mates with Fozzy, i know Crash too.

Fozzy got canned during the redundancy i think?

Im guessing you are a stoker? Thats why you would love stinking 42's..... :whistle:

Killock Golly before i left in 99.

Miss it every day, regardless of how well civvy life is going.

Once a Matelot, always a Matelot

Perk of being in the senior service.....

D

Deleted member 15344

Im guessing you are a stoker? Thats why you would love stinking 42's..... :whistle:

I wonder if we have enough for some sort of tri service comp ?

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I wonder if we have enough for some sort of tri service comp ?

I would have thought so.

Seen plenty of references to the life, from a few on here.

The problem would be getting them out the bar in the morning though...

With you being an ex crab fat, i am sure you could ping an ex squaddie to carry your bag around for you. :ears:

D

Deleted member 15344

I would have thought so.

Seen plenty of references to the life, from a few on here.

The problem would be getting them out the bar in the morning though...

With you being an ex crab fat, i am sure you could ping an ex squaddie to carry your bag around for you. :ears:

Don't think they would be allowed near the hotel :D

Grogger

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

Small world! Yeah I joined up with Fozzy. Not seen him for about a year but we were good mates. Both of us lived in Warrington so saw each other quite a bit. He got married a couple of years ago and I moved to Bury so haven't spoke to each other for a bit. Top lad though!!

Yeah im a stoker. Who else could love 42's Hahahaha!!

I'll miss the lads and the runs ashore when I'm gone but the navy's changed loads in the last couple of years and I don't enjoy it anymore. Shame really but I said when the bad days out weigh the good I'll leave