and now Florida!

fudgeukraine

Visit site
Enjoy! 3 weeks to go for me so counting down the days. Got the Hotel and car hire sorted; even managed to find a deal with Alamo for a free 2nd driver, so means can share the driving. Still need to book park tickets/plan that all out which is what's happening next couple of weeks, then time to enjoy!

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Enjoy! 3 weeks to go for me so counting down the days. Got the Hotel and car hire sorted; even managed to find a deal with Alamo for a free 2nd driver, so means can share the driving. Still need to book park tickets/plan that all out which is what's happening next couple of weeks, then time to enjoy!

exciting times mate!
Pretty much all sorted, just got to pack and sort a few toiletries out but that's about it!

Dad and myself are driving over there which we had to pay quite a bit more for due to being under 25 but mum can't stand the thought of driving over there.

Hope you have a great time mate, will let you know how it was when returning!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Driving in Florida is sooooooo easy. Honestly. Automatic cars, flat roads, lots of lanes, no one drives fast, under taking in a leisurely way, every car parking space is big. Easiest place to drive I've ever been to.

The only issue we had is road exits are not as well marked as in the UK. If you don't have a satnav you need your passenger to be on the ball to tell you which junction you are coming off at as they don't give notice that one is coming up or where it goes to. They just appear.

After a day or two of driving you will laugh at how easy it is.

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Driving in Florida is sooooooo easy. Honestly. Automatic cars, flat roads, lots of lanes, no one drives fast, under taking in a leisurely way, every car parking space is big. Easiest place to drive I've ever been to.

The only issue we had is road exits are not as well marked as in the UK. If you don't have a satnav you need your passenger to be on the ball to tell you which junction you are coming off at as they don't give notice that one is coming up or where it goes to. They just appear.

After a day or two of driving you will laugh at how easy it is.

Thanks for putting me at ease matey, i'm actually quite looking forward to driving!

We've got a SatNav so all good there, never drove an automatic before though!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
It was the first time I had and now my next car is going to be one. Point and press. Simple. Just remember to forget your left leg. Just use your right, accelerate or brake. More advanced auto drivers may tell you to do something more clever but for a newbie if you stick to right leg only then there is no chance of pressing the brake and accelerator together, thinking one is a clutch.

The cars have decent sized engines and as Florida is so flat it is just effortless. No one drives like a nutter so it is just easy and relaxing. The parks are brilliantly signposted, everywhere seems to be a motorway, and car parking is a doddle. Everything is just organised and built around cars. The only downside is when you come back to driving in the UK.

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It was the first time I had and now my next car is going to be one. Point and press. Simple. Just remember to forget your left leg. Just use your right, accelerate or brake. More advanced auto drivers may tell you to do something more clever but for a newbie if you stick to right leg only then there is no chance of pressing the brake and accelerator together, thinking one is a clutch.

The cars have decent sized engines and as Florida is so flat it is just effortless. No one drives like a nutter so it is just easy and relaxing. The parks are brilliantly signposted, everywhere seems to be a motorway, and car parking is a doddle. Everything is just organised and built around cars. The only downside is when you come back to driving in the UK.

Going to be rather odd going from driving a 1.2 hatchback to a 7 seater car :D

Thanks for the advice LT, greatly appreciated :)

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
More advanced auto drivers may tell you to do something more clever but for a newbie if you stick to right leg only then there is no chance of pressing the brake and accelerator together, thinking one is a clutch.

Driven an auto for years and don't do any more than right leg!

fudgeukraine

Visit site
Just back yday from the trip. went well and mostly stuck to the plan:

arrived thur
fri - universal
sat - kennedy
sun - discovery cove
mon - magic kingdom
tue - rest day (pool/shopping)
wed - seaworld
thurs - universal
fri - rest day (pool/shopping)
sat - universal
sun - chill/flew home.

Pretty laid back itinary and really enjoyed it, esp NASA (we went Sat as DC was full on that day and booked sunday, to avoid parks on the WE, bit gutted as found out afterwards that Buzz Aldrin was at NASA on the Sunday so missed him). Sept definitely seemed to be the best time to go: Mid-30's, great weather (just caught in 1 downpour) but best of all, hardly any lines for rides; Most times we went single riders and got on everything in less than 5 mins, often doing rides like Harry potter back to back; definitely made it worth it).

Now just depressed and need to get in the mood for the next holiday!

AMcC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

arrived thur
fri - universal
sat - kennedy
sun - discovery cove
mon - magic kingdom
wed - seaworld
thurs - universal
sat - universal
sun - chill/flew home.

Pretty laid back itinary and really enjoyed it, esp NASA (we went Sat as DC was full on that day and booked sunday, to avoid parks on the WE, bit gutted as found out afterwards that Buzz Aldrin was at NASA on the Sunday so missed him). Sept definitely seemed to be the best time to go: Mid-30's, great weather (just caught in 1 downpour) but best of all, hardly any lines for rides; Most times we went single riders and got on everything in less than 5 mins, often doing rides like Harry potter back to back; definitely made it worth it).

Sounds like you made the most of your time, great that you enjoyed it.

We went to Kennedy this year for the first time and was really surprised at how good a day it was.

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site

arrived thur
fri - universal
sat - kennedy
sun - discovery cove
mon - magic kingdom
wed - seaworld
thurs - universal
sat - universal
sun - chill/flew home.

sounds like your holiday was as brilliant as ours mate!

How much better is universal compared to disney?!

I've been quite alright getting over the holiday blues due to:

A) Work has been absolutely manic & i've barely had time to think about it since I got back
B) I go away again in just under 2 weeks to Budapest!

We are however looking to go back to the USA in 2018, whether we'll end up in Florida or elsewhere i'm not too sure of yet!