Switzerland seek Fifa arrests!

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Would love to think this will be the end for Blatter. But I'm sure the slimey dictator will manage to distance himself from any of it.

Last edited:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Do we know which delegates? No doubt Teflon Blatter and his cronies will have a crack team of mega expensive lawyers working on how he was oblivious to it all and he'll get away with it. At least the process of cutting out these maggots inside FIFA has begun.... If they can make the charges stick

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I'd have thought the FBI have more than enough to go on to make the move they have this morning.

D

Deleted member 1740

Very very interesting to say the least. I'd be surprised if Blatter gets nailed for this.

D

Deleted member 15344

Very very interesting to say the least. I'd be surprised if Blatter gets nailed for this.

It will be his opposition - gotta find a way to get rid of the voters against him

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if you're right.

Although he has most of Africa and South America in his back pocket after them hosting world cups. Add to that the oils countries.

Unless he's charged he'll win comfortably.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Blatter is totally corrupt, I would not be surprised if this raid was orchestrated by his cronies to remove some of the opposition prior to the forthcoming vote.

It stinks

Result Squeaky clean Blatter gets re-elected, it is now a foregone conclusion

Hacker Khan

Visit site
Wouldn't it be ironic if the newly appointed US Attorney General Loretta Lynch (who is behind this) finally brings Blatter down. The one country in the world that really does not give that much of a crap about soccer really and has plenty of other sports they care about more. Perhaps that's why no one else has the balls to do this. You go girl.

Hacker Khan

Visit site
Only problem is that Blatter himself hasn't been arrested,

Well if these charges are proven then any sane CEO or whatever he is would resign if this has all happened on his watch. As he would either have to be incredibly incompetent if he did not know it was happening, or complicit in it if he was, at the very least, turning a blind eye. Or even worse.

Hopefully this will be the straw that breaks the camels back and all the FIFA delegates will all start turning against Blatter, and in years to come we will look back and wonder how on earth he was allowed to get away with it for so long.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Blatter will be quite unashamed in distancing himself from this - declaring that it is evidence of the greater transparency and cooperation of FIFA that he is bringing about. So far from him being in anyway responsible for wrong doings happening on his watch - he will ask to be praised - yes praised and lauded - for being such a leader of change!

D

Deleted member 18588

Blatter will be quite unashamed in distancing himself from this - declaring that it is evidence of the greater transparency and cooperation of FIFA that he is bringing about. So far from him being in anyway responsible for wrong doings happening on his watch - he will ask to be praised - yes praised and lauded - for being such a leader of change!

Absolutely spot on!

If anyone can turn a situation like this to their advantage it's good old Sepp.

D

Deleted member 15344

Well if these charges are proven then any sane CEO or whatever he is would resign if this has all happened on his watch. As he would either have to be incredibly incompetent if he did not know it was happening, or complicit in it if he was, at the very least, turning a blind eye. Or even worse.

Hopefully this will be the straw that breaks the camels back and all the FIFA delegates will all start turning against Blatter, and in years to come we will look back and wonder how on earth he was allowed to get away with it for so long.

He isn't going anywhere - there has been enough scandals going on in the past and he has just got a stronger reign everytime

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This is also interesting, there are multiple investigations occuring.

In a separate move, officers raided Fifa’s headquarters in Zurich, seized electronic data and opened criminal proceedings “against persons unknown on suspicion of criminal mismanagement and of money laundering in connection with the allocation of the 2018 and 2022 football World Cups,” said a statement from the Swiss attorney general.

My understanding is that those arrested are all vehement Blatter supporters. There surely must be a line to Blatter in it somewhere.

walliams8

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I would like to think this has to be the end of sepp....... I imagine the people who have took the time and patience to see this through over x amount of years will have done it to take blatter out ?? I imagine that these seven arrested are just the start... Surely they will all start grassing each other up to try and limit there sentences ?

Could this be the end of Qatars World Cup ? If it was found to be a corrupt bid can they continue to hold it there ?

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I've only caught a brief news flash but wow, this is it for FIFA with statements from officials using terms such,as Racketeering, Corruption, Bribes etc, they have uncovered untold millions apparently and have requested exraditions for 7 at present .

I think if there is a sniff of a trail to Blatter he's history, plus how could any of this happen at this scale without his knowledge.

RIP Blatter, hopefully.

daymond

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Just wait and see what happens when they are extradited to the USA and the plea bargaining begins. viz. " I'll give you lots of names etc. for a lesser sentence "

C

c1973

All FAs that have any scruples at all should pull out of all FIFA run/supported events until they clean their act up. Clubs and players should support them in doing so.

If not, then they are merely propping up (and condoning) what is (and has obviously been for a long time) a corrupt organisation.

Poor state of affairs when it's the FBI that have to bring them to book and not people from the actual sport they 'represent'.

Football needs to take a long hard look at what it has become imo.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
All FAs that have any scruples at all should pull out of all FIFA run/supported events until they clean their act up. Clubs and players should support them in doing so.

If not, then they are merely propping up (and condoning) what is (and has obviously been for a long time) a corrupt organisation.

Poor state of affairs when it's the FBI that have to bring them to book and not people from the actual sport they 'represent'.

Football needs to take a long hard look at what it has become imo.

At the top level it is totally in the thrall of the filthy lucre